+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 2nd: CeCe Peniston

June 2nd: CeCe Peniston

From the official site:

After being crowned "Miss Black Arizona" in 1989, CeCe Peniston was signed by A&M Records, which released her debut album, Finally, in 1992. The album showcased CeCe's versatility and command of multiple styles and eventually went gold. The single, "Finally," became a top-ten Billboard hit and one of the smash dance songs of the 1990s - it still remains a popular favorite in dance clubs around the world. Far from being her only hit, CeCe also charted with "We Got A Love Thang," "Keep On Walkin", and "Lifetime To Love," which reached number two on the Billboard charts.

While her career as a recording artist has earned her numerous awards, including Billboard Best New Artist & Best New Song of The Year, ASCAP Song of The Year, and the BMI Urban Award of Achievement, her talents extend beyond the recording studio and concert stage. She has appeared in the Broadway production of The Wiz and founded the CeCe Peniston Foundation, which raises funds for organizations dealing with HIV, women and children in need, and hunger and equality
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Who?
    kitty-cats rule!

HaHa... CeCe Peniston... you know- "Finally- it has happened to me- right in front of my face- and i just can't believe it"... that song was pretty bad, but her voice was pretty good... better than Tiffany...
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    WOW...she's pretty!! I loved her song "Finally"....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    HaHa... CeCe Peniston... you know- "Finally- it has happened to me- right in front of my face- and i just can't believe it"
    Haha, thanks for reminding me Aota. Yes, quite the good dance song.

With CeCe here can it be too long before we see Des'ree?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I have flashbacks to flirting with my now husband in a bar while dancing to "Finally".

I was IT, I tell ya.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I have flashbacks to flirting with my now husband in a bar while dancing to "Finally".

I was IT, I tell ya.
    Weren't we all back then???!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    Who?

I've never heard of her. With a name like Peniston, I'd have certainly remembered her if I'd ever heard of her before now!!!

(I'd change that name if I were here -- I can think of a hundred other words I'd put in front of the ton portion of it!!)

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac

I've never heard of her. With a name like Peniston, I'd have certainly remembered her if I'd ever heard of her before now!!!

(I'd change that name if I were here -- I can think of a hundred other words I'd put in front of the ton portion of it!!)
    Geez Pom! LOL!! Leave it to you to comment on something like that! I didn't think size mattered. I've never heard of her either. Maybe I'll recognize the song if she sings it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast