+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June 2nd: Loverboy

June 2nd: Loverboy

From the official site:

In 1980, LOVERBOY introduced themselves to the world with their self-titled debut album. They quickly became one of America's and MTV's most popular rock bands. From 1980 through 1987 LOVERBOY garnered four multi-Platinum albums and numerous international Gold albums. Their tours sold out arenas and stadiums nationwide. Their hit singles came one after another, and went on to become the anthems and party songs of an entire generation of rock concert going fans. LOVERBOY's red leather pants, bandannas, and big rock sound defined the band's trademark image and high-energy live show.

After being rejected by all the major U.S. record companies LOVERBOY signed with Columbia Records Canada. On March the 20th, 1980, LOVERBOY went into the studio to record their self-titled debut album -- LOVERBOY. The summer of 1980 saw the record fly out of the stores setting record sales for a debut album -- over 700,000 records in Canada. The U.S. released the album in November 1980 and by April 1981, it had gone GOLD. LOVERBOY's follow-up album, Get Lucky, was released in 1981 and contained the hit "Working for the Weekend."

Nine years and four albums later, tired of LOVERBOY's grueling schedule of recording, touring, television appearances, videos, and hoards of interviews Paul, Mike, Matt, Doug and Scott decided to take a rest from the band and each other. The band reunited years later for a variety of appearances and performances. In 2000, bassist Scott Smith was killed in a boating accident and Loverboy dedicated their collection of live recordings, "Live, Loud & Loose", to him. The remaining original members continue to tour and perform. 2005 marks the band's 25th anniversary.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was in love with Loverboy for the longest time.. so much so that I used to walk around in red leather pants with my little peace gesture.

Okay, so no I didn't. But I loved them.

LG.
    I'm going to go get a perm this afternoon. Ok, I won't, but I do remember Loverboy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I was a major Mike Reno & Loverboy fan back about 20 years ago...has it really been that long ago?

Thanks to this thread, I've been humming 'Loving Every Minute Of It', when, in fact, I am not loving every minute of my day.

I saw them a few years ago, actually. (Don't laugh, it was one of those open-air festival of careers on their way down)
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

GREAT. Now I've got Working for the Weekend stuck on my mind. I'm going to be singing it all day. Arggh
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    OMG...I was so in love with Loverboy back in the 80's.... They were one of the "it" bands when I was in high school...along with Van Halen and Prince Listening to Loverboy reminds me of my high school boyfriend (gosh..I was *so* in love with him....I still get goosebumps when I see him and its been 20 years since high school...um..sorry...got lost in thought there!)....anyway..as I was saying....my boyfriend and I would go riding around and he would crank Loverboy up full blast while we rode down the road with the windows down...things were so much simplier then....I miss those days.... I'll watch this show if for no other reason than to watch Loverboy and reminisce....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I used to love these guys!

But every time I hear "Working for the Weekend" I always think of the SNL Chippendale's skit with Chris Farley & Patrick Swayze. One of the funniest skits ever!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Ahhhh Mike Reno. He and Ann Wilson sang my prom song. Almost Paradise.

I loved them. I can't wait for this episode. I wonder if they aged well.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast