+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: High School Reunion 3

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by WHYNOTNOW
    What was the name of that guy who hooked up with the two sisters? I can't remember.

John Porano?

FORT Newbie
    Ah, sweet dear Fabkat.

I hope you ride that innocence about life as long as you can. You really find "those girls and the beautiful cheerleaders" as Icons?

If you are a guy, then .. well, nevermind. You are a guy and in high school. If you are girl, I hope you don't look up too long at those folks as inspiration. There really is a great deal more to life than embarassing yourself and your family just to be on TV.

Of course, the show hasn't started yet, so we just have to see. But the promo certainly suggest what the producers wanted and we all who went to CGHS know exactly why our school was the right place to find that type of material.

Those are not the most "awesome" graduates from Gibbons. The best are the ones who would not go on a tv show because they don't need to. And its not beacuase they are or are not amazingly wealthy or attractive. It's because they are good people.

I promise you, a 1994 grad who teaches disabled children or uses art as therapy or doesn't stab a friend in their back is not Ready For Prime Time. That's not the dram that sells tampons or beer or underarm deoderant.

But it is why I was glad I went to Gibbons and why I am glad I can call those girls my good friends.

You should keep an eye out for those kinds of Icons. Because once you spend a few years out in the real world, you'll might be lucky enough to figure out what really matters in life is hardly popular or pretty.

p.s. Rock on Smartypants95.

FORT Newbie

Hmm

I might want to stay in school forever so I don't end up so Bitter out in the "real world"

"good people" because they didn't go on the show hmmm I think you have no idea of any facts about the cast members and what they stand for and who they are on a personal level.

Y'all need to take a few moments and read our rules, located by clicking on "FAQ" at the top of any page on the site. We take our rules seriously, unlike most other sites you've probably been on, and I've deleted way too many posts in this thread, way before the show's even started.

This will be my final advice. Those who fail to follow this advice will find themselves looking for another site to discuss the show.

I don't care if you went to Gibbons, heard about Gibbons, or are a contestant on the show - everyone will follow our rules and behave in a mature way on our site.

That's all I have to say on the subject.

Kao
    *cough*

I think what she meant Fabkat is that people who have gone on from HS to college and have full lives, don't want to break into TV or movies, and basically left the past behind are less likely to appear on this show because they have better things to do and wouldn't be interested, that's all.

It's nice to have people to look up to. Just remember that you really don't know anything about these girls...only about their image. And the problem with putting people on pedestals is that eventually you'll find out that they have feet of clay. It's not an issue with being bitter but maturity. As you grow older your priorities change, and things and traits that are important now might not be 10 years from now.

FORT Newbie

Redskins 00

Hey, I when I was the Mascot & Homecoming King I got to know the cheerleaders and they are nice people most of the time. I would have no problem on going on National TV. I was already in some movies at my college and was involved in an election scandal. Franchise

FORT Newbie

what about name dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    *cough*

I think what she meant Fabkat is that people who have gone on from HS to college and have full lives, don't want to break into TV or movies, and basically left the past behind are less likely to appear on this show because they have better things to do and wouldn't be interested, that's all.

It's nice to have people to look up to. Just remember that you really don't know anything about these girls...only about their image. And the problem with putting people on pedestals is that eventually you'll find out that they have feet of clay. It's not an issue with being bitter but maturity. As you grow older your priorities change, and things and traits that are important now might not be 10 years from now.

Does anyone know what the rules are with the show about talking about other High School Alumni that are not on the show? Meaning: I was friends with most on the show, some were even my boyfriends and girlfriends (no I am not that way). What if they are conversing and someone's name comes up they start saying things and that person is not there to defend themselves? I mean, c'mon? I don't anticipate this happening with me b/c I was popular and nice, always had a boyfriend so not involved in too many of the nasty scandals. I don't associate with these people very often but do occasionally run into them if I do venture up to Ft. Laud (my life is now in Miami and has been for the last 5 years). I was just curious.

I would imagine the producers would have to get a release signed by anyone mentioned.

FORT Newbie
    Well if you went to the casting in Ft Lauderdale then you needed to sign the contract / release which states somewhere in the 20 pages that anything you say or submit is property of Next Entertainment and can be used (this also includes the audition tapes and any pictures submitted), which means audition tapes can be used on air.

As far as people talking about each other without the ability to defend themselves on national television I think that would be called either slander or defamation of character depending on the severity of the comment made.

FORT Newbie

CGHS 10 Year Reunion

The 10 year reunion for the class of 94 is being organized by Andy Anderson and Jen Whitelock Maser. Their class will be meeting at the Rush Street Martini Bar on Saturday, August 7. For more information, visit their website: www.geocities.com.gibbons/1994.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast