+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It'll be interesting.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar
    I really wasn't too impressed, don't think I will watch it again.

Britney doesn't compare XANDRIA's Avatar
    I think it was alot more interesting then last season, for some reason I think the marrige propsal will be between Gabe and Denise, just a guess, I could be wrong. But there will be alot of drama with the "sophmore girls".
    I don't wrestle, I beat bitches up! --Coral RW/RR The Inferno

Waiting on Paradise Hotel!

Duncan Donuts Coffee, Dr. Pepper can.

I hate product placement.

I'm still trying to think if this came off as less contrived than last year. And whether predictable things like Louanne's regular boyfriend being the proposer will happen.

This really DOES seem like a group where nobody has changed all that much. The wallflower girl is still really a wallflower, although deluded about it. The geek loner is still a geek loner. The "reformed" snob doesn't seem to be going out of her way to change the company she's keeping, even if she's not consciously contributing to snobbery, the redneck is still a redneck, and the "ex" still appears to be allowing the jock ex-husband to walk all over her (yeah, the Sophmore girls tell a different story, but watching her... she seems kind of pathetic, and the Jock guy seems like a cad).

And the boobtastic Trio of Evil (or if they are to be believed instead of Denise, the boobtastic Trio of Justice)? I'd much rather see them catfight each OTHER. While covered in whipped cream and cooking oil. But the way they've set this up, it's likely to just be a mean-fest without a payoff like that.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-15-2004 at 01:11 AM.

Okay, now the odd thing is that the trio seem to all have slightly different goals. Girl 1 seems to primarily want revenge against Denise--and it seems like tempting Gabe might be highest on her agenda. Girl 2 seems to see this as an obligation to help her girlfriend. Girl 3 seems to have mentioned the incident in such a way that Gabe is the bad guy. She seems to simply want to slash and burn everybody.

One wonders if Girl 3 rails against Denise as well why she wouldn't also be upset at Girl 1--the other girl Gabe was running with. But whatever.

I guess it IS clear why they allowed Denise to room with her cheerleader buddies, when normally a show like this would have split them up a bit for drama. Obviously they want a war with 2 big sides here, with the outsiders looking on.

Well, I really enjoyed the episode. It definitely set up some future conflicts with those sohpmore girls coming into the mix. I don't know about Gabe and Denise though. He didn't seem to happy seeing her there at first, although he did seem glad to go on a date with her. Wouldn't they see each other considering they have kids? I mean, that's assuming they have shared custody. TJ is homophobic...I don't see him changing his views during the show though. Oh well...provides gas for the fire.

On my WB station, the audio was horrible. The music and sounds were all loud, but the talking was very quiet. It was especially hard to hear them when loud music played as they gave commentary.

Heh k already I want Denise and Gabe to work things out and those 3 girls are gunna piss me off...especially the really big boobed loud-mouthed one!
    I hope the proposal is Gabe to Denise!! <3
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

Quote Originally Posted by starsprite
    Heh k already I want Denise and Gabe to work things out and those 3 girls are gunna piss me off...especially the really big boobed loud-mouthed one!
    I hope the proposal is Gabe to Denise!! <3
    I don't really appreciate the show's attempt at manipulation. We've got three things we can believe or not here:
    a.) The sophmores are telling the truth and Denise is some kind of psycho, who will go to any legnths to get what she wants.
    b.) Gabe is a player and was playing everyone. For all we know, he made up the story about Denise being pregnant to dump the other girls.
    c.) Gabe and Denise cooperated on some strategy to get the other girls out of his life and made the story up together. Or alternately there WAS no pregnancy story and these girls are psychos or years later believe rumors they may have made up themselves to discredit Denise.

I opt for B. Denise seems kind of sad--as in pretty, but pathetic. Gabe just looks like a jerk, who perhaps got caught in a self-fulfilling prophecy when Denise DID really get pregnant at some later point.

Or not. We shall see. Right now I think they want us to believe some variant of C, and I'm not sure I buy it.

Critically yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by XANDRIA
    I think it was alot more interesting then last season, for some reason I think the marrige propsal will be between Gabe and Denise, just a guess, I could be wrong. But there will be alot of drama with the "sophmore girls".
    I think the marriage proposol will be for Louann by her boyfriend of three years because last season, the girl's boyfriend came on the show at the end to propose... so I bet that's just what it is again. Besides, Gabe is realllllllly reluctant about even being near poor Denise. Gabe's getting on my nerves.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well I didn't see it, but having read all of your comments, it sounds like most of these people still think they're in high school. Pathetic.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast