+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7/21 HGTV Star 8: FINALE **West Cost Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 7/21 HGTV Star 8: FINALE **West Cost Spoilers**

Add Kim. I remember an patio done Moroccan on her show. She also hosted the holiday lights competition show a couple of years. I haven't seen her in a while.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Design Star winners (I had to cheat and use Wikipedia):
    1. David Bromstad
    2. Kim Myles
    3. Jennifer Bertrand
    4. Antonio Ballatore
    5. Emily Henderson
    6. Meg Casswell
    7. Danielle Colding (show: Shop This Room)
    8. Tiffany Brooks (show: The Most Embarassing Rooms in America)

All Stars: Leslie Ezelle

David's show was my favorite (until he moved to Miami). I liked Kim's and Emily's shows.

For the life of me, I can't remember who Danielle is. When they take so long to get a show into production, I lose interest.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Danielle had about five episodes. I really liked her approach in shopping for inspiration. She designed in the Brooklyn/New England coastal area.

I forgot about Jennifer. Isn't she the one who auditioned with her husband and he didn't make it? I remember she got pregnant during the time she would have been shooting a show and then decided to stay in the midwest with her husband, their new baby and their design firm.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Danielle had about five episodes. I really liked her approach in shopping for inspiration. She designed in the Brooklyn/New England coastal area.

I forgot about Jennifer. Isn't she the one who auditioned with her husband and he didn't make it? I remember she got pregnant during the time she would have been shooting a show and then decided to stay in the midwest with her husband, their new baby and their design firm.
    Yep, that was Jennifer. I think she did a couple of shows, but I didn't see any.

Danielle's show sounds interesting - I didn't see any of her shows either. Maybe I can find them online. I think it's Genevieve who recommends starting with a fabric for inspiration. That makes a lot of sense to me: Find a print fabric you love for draperies, pillows, or upholstery, then choose your paint and accent colors from the fabric. You've got a palette all laid out for you. I usually did the opposite - start with a wall color and then find things that worked with it (no wonder it was always so hard for me!).

I actually liked Emily's show seeing the design styles of the husband and the wife and then putting them together.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I actually liked Emily's show seeing the design styles of the husband and the wife and then putting them together.
    Me too. I liked seeing the two styles merged together.

I also liked her method of determining the clients' styles. A lot of designers simply ask their clients what their style is - and I think a lot of people don't know enough about various styles to know what they might like. I liked her system of showing the two people different styles of objects (e.g., spoons, vases, pillows) to determine their styles. A minor complaint about her designs - I thought she over-accessorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Me too. I liked seeing the two styles merged together.

I also liked her method of determining the clients' styles. A lot of designers simply ask their clients what their style is - and I think a lot of people don't know enough about various styles to know what they might like. I liked her system of showing the two people different styles of objects (e.g., spoons, vases, pillows) to determine their styles. A minor complaint about her designs - I thought she over-accessorized.
    My main pet peeve with Emily was her voice. It was rather high pitched and came across whinny. I think a good voice coach would have solved that problem.

It sounds as if HGTV needs a Design Star winner Marathon to catch everyone up.

Either that or make one day/evening Design Star winner night where they produce new shows featuring Design Star winners?

Maybe a "contest" to win a makeover by the Design Star winner(s)/

They need something.

By the way ... now that Tiffany will have her own show ... pairing ups Brooks and Jeribai could be a fun show.

I like the idea of these themes ... Boxing and Versailles ... so why not do something with that?

Also Brooks is a teacher and Jeribai is a hands on doer ,,, and there is a show i there somewhere.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I pegged her as the winner right out of the gate. It was her camera presense that got them from day one.

Just finished watching the finale of Brother vs Brother and that show was way better than this one. I liked the designers and what they produced way better then anything I saw this season here.
    NCLurker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12