+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 6/30 HGTV Star 8 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

6/30 HGTV Star 8 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Teams and a full renovation coming our way. Oh, joy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 6/30 HGTV Star 8 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Teams - bah! They're down to 6 designers. I want to see what each designer would do on his or her own without having to compromise with the team. But - I'll watch anyway.

I watched. I am sick sick sick of glass or glass/stone mix tile backsplashes. I actually LIKED the "bland boring" counters (granite wasn't TOO busy for once) and backsplash. Maybe it looked more "fleshy" in person, that's hard to say. But I thought I would not get sick of it too soon, unlike some other choices.

ETA: And while I love the look of grasscloth, I DON'T think that's a good choice for a house with kids. Crayons, jam, picking at the grass fibers .... nope, bad idea.
    navybelle likes this.

Of all the kitchens done in all the years HGTV Star/Design Star has been on, these two were the best. They looked finished, they looked good! Not all the choices were what I would have selected, but at least these two families got completed kitchens they will be able to use immediately. Really hated to see anybody go home on this one.
    navybelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBrat View Post
    Of all the kitchens done in all the years HGTV Star/Design Star has been on, these two were the best. They looked finished, they looked good! Not all the choices were what I would have selected, but at least these two families got completed kitchens they will be able to use immediately. Really hated to see anybody go home on this one.
    I do agree with these being the best of the kitchens. Everything seemed to be done. I think it really helped the families preselected the type of cabinets they wanted. I do think Abby's choice of back-splash and counter top were horrid. You can do neutral and look very elegant and expensive and interesting.

Ann's dining room was way better then Abby's kitchen and vice a versa with the other house. Did Jeribai have time to grout??

Best line of the night was Sabrina Soto description of that hammered metal dining table.
    TripleGemini and Duckyface like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    ETA: And while I love the look of grasscloth, I DON'T think that's a good choice for a house with kids. Crayons, jam, picking at the grass fibers .... nope, bad idea.
    I thought the same thing about kids and grasscloth. When I saw the hammered metal table cloth, besides worrying about fingerprints showing, I thought it would be a horrid surface for kids to use for doing homework.

And NOOOOOOO!!! Not another team challenge next week.
    Duckyface likes this.

I so wished Boris would have done something horrid so he had to go home. Sigh.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I did not see Jeribai grout. I don't think he had time.

Abby's kitchen PLUS the plastic plant container on the dining room window shelf is what sent her home. That trumped the design too forward hammered metal dining room table. Yes, Sabrina did have the best line of the night.

I think a lesson also learned, besides knowing your clients, is don't design from remembered childhood. Brooks' bubble counter is what he contributed from a warm childhood memory, but it didn't fit the space of lifestyle of this family who have children coming and going all the time.

Boris with his "Joker" smile is getting creepier and creepier. I know physically his mouth is shaped that way, but it really doesn't play well on television.
    Jezebella and Duckyface like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Boris creeps me out so much. I would never watch his show.

I might watch a show with Jerabi or Anne hosting, but she needs to do something with that bad dye job she's got going on.

I wonder why they keep having them do so many group challenges rather than individual challenges? This has been a rather blah and boring season, none of the contestants really stand out.

These kitchens were incredibly lame in my opinion. Both were boring and kind of dated-looking. Maybe part of that was the cabinets if the clients chose those. They needed some cabinets with clean lines, like plain or shaker-style, and some livelier colors in the whole scheme of things for both kitchens. Very disappointing.

Jerabai definitely did not have time to grout his backsplash, yet it looked grouted when it was shown to the clients.

If you went into HomeDepot or Lowe's, any one of the numerous in-store display kitchens with cabinets/counters/backsplashes have better style than either of these team efforts. At least the homeowners seemed happy though - both kitchens were, although uninspiring, still a vast improvement over the "before."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast