+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 6/16 HGTV Star 8: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/16 HGTV Star 8: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't know what is worse. Boris refusing to help paint because he and another designer were going to check out the tool shack, just so they knew where it was or Abby buying that lame excuse and signing on as the martyr.

I didn't like much about that loft. I would have left the walls white and introduced color with rugs and furniture. Not only was it a huge waste of time but it looked terrible!

The sign above the bed would have been really cool if the word had not been rehab.

I loved the camera lamp and the lighting that Brooks did. I cant think of anything else though. The dining room was hideous. Boris should have been eliminated for that mess. I do understand why the kitchen woman went, though. All she had to do was styling and she left the shelves empty.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

She kept saying lofts are her specialty as is styling. Failed on both counts.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Be careful what you say in your one on one confessionals it can come back and bite you in the butt.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I did not like this episode. I thought the entire loft looked horrible. Yes, Brooks lighting fixtures was way cool as was Cris's (the camera transformation).

Ann Rue used white bedding or part of it and almost went home for it last week. This week she uses white bedding and gets a commendation. Does any of that make sense???

I haven't liked Design Star in a couple of seasons and was not planning on watching it this summer. The premiere episode changed my mind, the second episode changed my mind about changing my mind.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Make up your mind, already!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I did not like this episode. I thought the entire loft looked horrible. Yes, Brooks lighting fixtures was way cool as was Cris's (the camera transformation).

Ann Rue used white bedding or part of it and almost went home for it last week. This week she uses white bedding and gets a commendation. Does any of that make sense???

I haven't liked Design Star in a couple of seasons and was not planning on watching it this summer. The premiere episode changed my mind, the second episode changed my mind about changing my mind.
    Well just think of us poor fools who would be stuck watching it without your commentary to change your mind about changing your mind about changing your mind to change your mind.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

The premiere episode changed my mind, the second episode changed my mind about changing my mind.
    Well yours and others' comments are the best part so far!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    We should have known this signaled her demise.

I thought for sure Abbey was the one they would send home. Hopefully I have her name right, the one with shorter blonde hair who did all the painting and the foyer. In the past they have tended to send home the ones who actually do much of the execution saying that they need to mastermind more than execute. She definitely put the most sweat in by far.

I don't get all the Brooks love yet. Here or on the Bette. This Brooks seemed to be ripping off Antonio a bit on episode one and the extension cord "chandelier" wasn't THAT impressive to me.

The bedroom was definitely the best room this week.

Lousy episode. Glad I record it so it allows me to FF thru a lot of unnecessary stuff.
    couldn't agree more w/all that's been said about this episode....lackluster for sure. I was not impressed with any part of the loft.
    And I'm still trying to figure out how Chris got a pass just for one little lamp. It's not like it hasn't been done before. I've even seen lamps made out of instruments like trombones, banjos, trumpets. Pretty much anything could be made into a lamp.
    And the colors were horrendous....not sophisticated enough for the couple they were designing for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast