+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 6/9 HGTV Star 8 Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

6/9 HGTV Star 8 Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Here we go for another season of Design Star under a new name and a new format and one new judge.

David with his blue sweaters is back and that is good.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 6/9 HGTV Star 8 Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh, drat, I forgot to set the DVR for this. I'll have to go find it online :-)

I taped it and will enjoy it along with my breakfast cereal tomorrow morning; that and Next Food Network Star. It's a long breakfast.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Brooks on his brain freeze during the white wall branding challenge - "It's like writer's block on acid."
    Shoepie likes this.

Boris is such a Snidley Whiplash. I mean...deliberately not picking up the bedding Ann had on hold was a miserable, character telling thing to do.
    NCLurker, mom2, Kip and 6 others like this.

One Kings Lane.com. I just discovered this marvelous, funky online store last week and now they are the main supplier of accessories for this season of Star.

One of the perks of winning tonight's challenge is that one piece will be for sale on the website.

I'm still in the middle of watching but I'm wondering if the wallpaper or fabric they designed for their spaces will be that one item.

Newflash: Genevieve would propose to Brooks, but thought his choice of shade of pink wall covering was too juvenile. Sabrina disagreed and thought it the whole space perfect. (Personally I'm not a fan of taxidermy on the wall, but it was a contrast to the pink.

It's just as well Snidley Whiplash (Boris - hey maybe he's looking for his Natasha?) didn't help Ann out with her bedding, because they hated the way the deflated white duvet she used stood out among the 70s inspired paper and linen she used. She chose that bedding because it was huge, fluffy and VERY white.

The winner: Brooks (Yay)

Going home: Tobin (whose industrial design didn't show, but came through as modern - his brand wasn't clear)

https://www.onekingslane.com/sales/23017

You have 3 days (until 6-13) to purchase a piece of his wallpaper in a white frame. It is expensive at $119.00

This was an interesting and fun start to what could be a season filled with fresh air. One can hope, anyway. The previews show a kitchen makeover on the horizon as well as school buses and frat/sorority houses. It also looks like other members of the HGTV family show up.

OT: It was nice that they ran a commercial for Jillian's Love It or List It, Too during the show. Perhaps they will promote this show now.
    Kip likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast