+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 6/9 HGTV Star 8 Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 6/9 HGTV Star 8 Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It's her own damn fault poor time management. Boris owed her nothing. Seriously unless they are teammates he should not be responsible for her stuff. Besides all she was going to do was put a white comforter on the so what difference would it make if she had her bedding or not.
    Boris didn't owe her anything, but then he shouldn't have agreed to do it. What bothered me was that he agreed to do it, while having no intention of doing it (at least that's how the editing made it look). He should have just said, "Sorry, I can't do it." I wouldn't have faulted him for that. Then the red room lady could have tried to get someone else to pick it up with the store, or maybe could have come up with an alternative plan.

I agree, though, that having the white bedding wouldn't have helped her design much.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I had to wonder why she asked HIM specifically. When we see her making the phone call to ask for his help, he isn't alone in the van, and if I am not mistaken, he wasn't the only one going to that particular store.

Either Boris IS the villain he seems to be (and with a name like "Boris", it's laughably believable) or the editing department deserves an Oscar for making us think that he is. They stopped just short of cueing the maniacal laughter!
    ilja likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I had to wonder why she asked HIM specifically. When we see her making the phone call to ask for his help, he isn't alone in the van, and if I am not mistaken, he wasn't the only one going to that particular store.

Either Boris IS the villain he seems to be (and with a name like "Boris", it's laughably believable) or the editing department deserves an Oscar for making us think that he is. They stopped just short of cueing the maniacal laughter!
    I wondered about the editing on this, too. They seemed to catch every smile that could be interpreted as a sneer and they seemed out of context. She could have just called the store and asked them to put it on the truck, herself. I doubt that would have been a problem for them even if something had to happen in person for the purchases. That store did a lot of business for HGTV that day and probably court future business like crazy.
    Little Sew&Sew and ilja like this.

Yeah, I was wondering why Boris *cough* *cough* (where's Bullwinkle?) would put himself in a position to look like such a jerk to the viewers? And the fact that he's an evil Russian, yeah, that's a coincidence. How long has the cold war been over now?

From wiki

Boris was educated in the Pottsylvania public schools before taking a scoundrelship to U.S.C. (the University of Safecracking), from which he graduated magna cum louse. He has a cast-iron stomach; and because of it was one of only three survivors of the ruling clique of Pottsylvania, the other two being his superiors Fearless Leader and Mister Big. Boris enjoys light reading; his favorite book is an anthology of fiendish plans called the Fireside Crook Book. He is also a charter member of the Van Gogh Society, a Pottsylvanian club whose members collect human ears.

As for the loser, I adamantly disagreed. I wanted to see more of his work that was a bit more industrial. Not to mention just seeing more of him. cheekyGirl.gif
    Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Boris only needs to travel to MasterChef to find his soul mate - Natasha.
    NCLurker likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think Ann (red-room lady....altho on my tv, it looked deep orange) lucked out. That room was scary loud and Vern was right, all you could really look at was the white bedding....too stark of a contrast...totally out of place. Ann never seemed to want that bedding from the store anyway...she seemed like she was just settling cuz she couldn't find what she wanted.
    I wondered about ol' Boris, with that creepy sneer.......but like others said, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123