+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 7/24/12 - Design Star 7 - Finale

7/24/12 - Design Star 7 - Finale

OK, didn't anyone watch this tonight? I watched Covert Affairs and taped The Glee Project, and figured that I could find out who won here.

But no one's posted anything :-(

FORT Fan

Re: 7/24/12 - Design Star 7 - Finale

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    OK, didn't anyone watch this tonight? I watched Covert Affairs and taped The Glee Project, and figured that I could find out who won here.

But no one's posted anything :-(
    I watched the last 15 minutes. Danielle won. I thought they both did a really good job. Both pilots were good.

I personally liked Britany's final pilot (including the final product/space) much better, and I would prefer watching her -- HOWEVER, both did a nice job.

And as SunnyDayz said: Danielle it is.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I thought it was a great finale....I could have been happy with either of them winning but I think Danielle came across as more likable, friendlier etc
    Both were very good and to me, that makes a good season....
    I realized today why the judges seems so odd to me....they are all so Botox-ed that absolutely nothing moves on their faces, except their mouth...and they blink sometimes. Even David Bromstad (sp?), as young as he is, has a perfectly smooth, unmovable face.
    What is wrong with all these people in showbiz willing to sacrifice real emotions for (the appearance) youth???
    Funny because they don't really look younger...just flat/smooth and strange.
    And the whole time, they're telling the contestants to act natural, be animated and show your real self because it's natural true self that viewers respond to favorably.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Congratulations to Danielle! I think both designers did a good job,although I preferred Brittany's design a bit more. However, like David said, it's harder for a designer to have to work around and incorporate the owner's pieces/artwork into a design than deal with an empty room. Danielle did a good job of giving the owners what they wanted although I really did not like anything much except for the sofa. I HATED those plastic dining chairs but then again, I don't like mid-century modern design!

But what really blew me away was Danielle's pilot. She nailed it with a capital N! She was personable, gave a lot of information, a bit playful and her pacing was impeccable. Did you notice how all 3 of the judges were smiling the entire time they were watching the video?

Brittany's pilot wasn't as good, imo. I didn't feel like she shared a lot of information with us and I wasn't crazy about the concept of 'lighting" for her show. Also, I felt she spoke much too quickly, as if she were rushing.

All in all, an enjoyable show! Can't believe that Danielle's new show will be airing so soon-- next Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Congratulations to Danielle! I think both designers did a good job,although I preferred Brittany's design a bit more. However, like David said, it's harder for a designer to have to work around and incorporate the owner's pieces/artwork into a design than deal with an empty room. Danielle did a good job of giving the owners what they wanted although I really did not like anything much except for the sofa. I HATED those plastic dining chairs but then again, I don't like mid-century modern design!

But what really blew me away was Danielle's pilot. She nailed it with a capital N! She was personable, gave a lot of information, a bit playful and her pacing was impeccable. Did you notice how all 3 of the judges were smiling the entire time they were watching the video?

Brittany's pilot wasn't as good, imo. I didn't feel like she shared a lot of information with us and I wasn't crazy about the concept of 'lighting" for her show. Also, I felt she spoke much too quickly, as if she were rushing.

All in all, an enjoyable show! Can't believe that Danielle's new show will be airing so soon-- next Saturday!
    I really thought Danielle had the more 'difficult' assignment of the two, and handled it well. I think she deserved to win. I actually found Brittany's design a little bland and her pilot rather empty. I thought Danielle's design was mighty busy ... but that's what she had to work with. Didn't the homeowner say something about "living in an art gallery" is what they wanted ... or something like that? I think Danielle could have added a "tip" about changing out the artwork on the gallery wall ever so often or perhaps organizing it to reflect different themes and whims, different seasons and inspirations, or even showcasing her latest artwork. I do love the idea of shopping what you have or elsewhere and using it as inspiration. Not a totally new idea but certainly a good one.

I absolutely knew that Danielle would be one of the F2 because the key commercials for Design Star ("I can taste it" and "Say what") featured Danielle. At the top of the show when they featured her comments about her late Mom in my mind cast her as the winner.

At one point I thought using them both as a team might make a good show ... but I think I am going to really like her show.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I really thought Danielle had the more 'difficult' assignment of the two, and handled it well. I think she deserved to win. I actually found Brittany's design a little bland and her pilot rather empty. I thought Danielle's design was mighty busy ... but that's what she had to work with. Didn't the homeowner say something about "living in an art gallery" is what they wanted ... or something like that? I think Danielle could have added a "tip" about changing out the artwork on the gallery wall ever so often or perhaps organizing it to reflect different themes and whims, different seasons and inspirations, or even showcasing her latest artwork. I do love the idea of shopping what you have or elsewhere and using it as inspiration. Not a totally new idea but certainly a good one.

I absolutely knew that Danielle would be one of the F2 because the key commercials for Design Star ("I can taste it" and "Say what") featured Danielle. At the top of the show when they featured her comments about her late Mom in my mind cast her as the winner.

At one point I thought using them both as a team might make a good show ... but I think I am going to really like her show
    I wouldn't find seeing them together.

I thought both had a pretty equal chance at winning, especially with Brittany finally conqueroring her confidence and energy issue. I did think Danielle had a slight edge over Brittany and I was happy with her win. However I didn't like her putting a big grey sectional on a big grey carpet. It looked like one big blob of grey. Like she couldn't have found a grey carpet with a bit of pattern to break up that solid color.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Aaah... now I remember what bugged me about Brittany's room. The husband asked for shoe storage and she had her carpenter do this built in. I am sorry but while that built in was big the angles in it reduce how much you can store in it. As a storage solution I think it failed big time.

David mentioned on his blog that Danielle didn't give her clients what they asked for. They asked for modern and the only thing modern in that room was the couch and everything else was a funky take on classical and that was one reason why Danielle won over Brittany. Danielle did give her clients what they wanted perphaps sacrificing her style perphaps but she had happy clients.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was just at the nail salon, and they had the TV set on a local morning show. Since Britany is from Phoenix, it wasn't a great surprise to see her on the show, but it was fun to hear some "insider" stuff about the production aspect.
    • If they're given 3 days to complete an assignment, it's more like only 2 days because of constant re-shoots of things like entering/exiting stores, etc. She said if they were filming and a "civilian" got in the shot, they had to get back in the vehicle and re-shoot the whole thing. Multiply the chances of that happening times the number of designers, and it's easy to see where that might be time-consuming.
    • The contestants are allowed to talk to their family on the phone for 15 minutes once a week! And a production assistant stays in the room to ensure they're not leaking any spoilers or getting any helpful info.
    • Britany says she would enter again in a heartbeat, but this time, she'd want to win.

BTW, she seemed much more relaxed on camera, other than, like, using the word "like" like in every sentence.

I was glad to see Danielle win. While I often preferred Brittney's designs, Danielle is more articulate and comfortable in front of the camera and her design work is also good. Danielle definitely gave the clients what they wanted and needed. I felt like Btittney's design was very generic and didn't really represent her clients. The whole focus of the room was the bold, giant Greek profile image. It was just kind of random and didn't seem to have anything to do with the clients. If that were my home, I would definitely change it out unless I was Greek and it meant something to me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast