+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Design Star . . . the ALL STAR edition . . . begins July 31st at 9

Re: Design Star . . . the ALL STAR edition . . . begins July 31st at 9

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    What I didn't get is how Kellie didn't notice that David basically told her that she was screwing up by treating this as a white box challenge. I also couldn't believe that she waited until the last minute to look at what other people were doing to see that they had real rooms. Amazing rooms! And she had wasted the opportunity to use all of the high-end stuff from the Design Mart. She deserved to go home!
    I know! She clearly was going home. Sparkle screwed up by not having art on that wall. I do wonder why they would have wall paper for them to look at that was not in stock. His room would have been so much better, I believe, with his original palate. It was kitchy, but loved the dog!
    justCoz likes this.

Love this show and am sorry to learn that it's very short.
    Would love to know how they picked the designers...as of right now, I can't figure out why some are there and others (that I really liked) are not.
    I don't Hillari and I don't know why.
    Love Sparkle.
    I've been to the Pacific Design Center a long time ago...it was a painful experience because you're surrounded by wonderful, fabulous furniture/accessories, etc. Most of which we couldn't afford.
    I only ended up with a couple little accessories from the Sale Room....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Love this show and am sorry to learn that it's very short.
    Would love to know how they picked the designers...as of right now, I can't figure out why some are there and others (that I really liked) are not.
    I don't Hillari and I don't know why.
    Love Sparkle.
    I've been to the Pacific Design Center a long time ago...it was a painful experience because you're surrounded by wonderful, fabulous furniture/accessories, etc. Most of which we couldn't afford.
    I only ended up with a couple little accessories from the Sale Room....
    I'm guessing that some of it had to do with availability. The prize for winning isn't really all that fabulous! $25,000 and an appearance on an HGTV show. Some of the more successful designers who have come out of this show may well make a fair percentage of that amount in the time that it takes to film the show. And they may just have other obligations.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I know things happen that cause designers to fall behind, but TPTB giving Sparkle Josh the option of ordering that wallpaper and letting him shop based on that, only to have it not available is just wrong IMO. They should have given him extra time as it was absolutely no fault of his own. And his room was pretty amazing considering he basically had one less day than the others.

Kellie's commect to Hilari was quite rude. The look Hilari gave her was perfect. I could hear her retort in my mind! It was also a thoughtless comment as clearly they can't have seen Hilari's season so Kellie had no way of knowing if what Hilari was saying was factual or not. I have a BIL that spouts off all the time about stuff of which he knows nothing. He ends up looking as foolish as Kellie. Kellie proved two things true: 'You reap what you sow' and 'pride goes before the fall'

FORT Fogey

I don't like light blue walls, never have. To me, it creates a cool, non welcoming room.

The men asked Johnathan if he liked blue. His answer was ambiguous. 'Yeah, sure that's fine' is not a request to keep the blue. And I agree with Vern that Anna's request for a beach atmosphere with blues and greens did not say, paint the walls blue.

Leslie! What an obnoxious woman! She will be next. Though I like Tom (may have wrong name) more he is not much better than Leslie. Way too wound up but good sense of style.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Leslie! What an obnoxious woman! She will be next.
    I agree. Her attitude says "Yes, I heard what YOU said you wanted in YOUR room, but I think you're an idiot, so I'm going to do it my way"
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123