+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Little Sew&Sew
  • 1 Post By Playbear

Thread: 7/17/12 - Design Star 7 - Episode 8

7/17/12 - Design Star 7 - Episode 8

The Final Three.

I was sure that it was going to be Hilari and either Danielle or Brittany with Danielle with a slight edge. I was very surprised that Hilari was not in the final two. At this point I don't care although I would be more likely to watch Danielle than Brittany.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 7/17/12 - Design Star 7 - Episode 8

I believe they looked at their accomplishments from past challenges. Danielle and Brittany had more ups than downs compared to Hilari. Hilary probably would have been final two if she didn't screw up her video challenge. She's most comfortable on camera among the 3 but she failed to tell the audience about what she was going to do with her yurt.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 07-18-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I liked Britany's room best and she's been a favorite all along, so I'm glad to see her in the finale. I also like Danielle, but I think it's more her personality that draws me in than her design. She's pleasant, but I wouldn't hire her as a designer.

I think one thing that hurt Hilari was her bed. Yes, it was GORGEOUS . . . but even I - with very little design experience - could have walked into a store and bought the same thing. Danielle and Britany both actually used the carpenter's for their bed-building.
    Dragonlady and inthegarden like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I liked Britany's room best and she's been a favorite all along, so I'm glad to see her in the finale. I also like Danielle, but I think it's more her personality that draws me in than her design. She's pleasant, but I wouldn't hire her as a designer.

I think one thing that hurt Hilari was her bed. Yes, it was GORGEOUS . . . but even I - with very little design experience - could have walked into a store and bought the same thing. Danielle and Britany both actually used the carpenter's for their bed-building.
    looking at pics, Hilari's I did not like at all. I liked Brits best, but Danielle's was nice as well,

I started out really liking Hilari but the more I listened to her, the more grating I found her voice. Plus, the panel was right - she talked mostly about herself rather than about design. She's very entertaining but this didn't seem to be the right forum for her. I like both Danielle and Brittany and don't really care which one wins.
    AZChristian likes this.

My preference leans towards Danielle, and I would have been surprised if she didn't make Final 2.

However, I was thinking that Brittany with that "signature' architectural touch she likes to add to walls and the fact that she is also a photographer and has used her own photos in her designs makes her somewhat akin to David. I'm anxious to see them create and pitch their pilots, but I can see Brittany creating and leaving one of her originals with her TV client the way David does with his art. Lets see what the panel thinks.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm more a fan of Danielle, but it will be interesting to see how her time management issues play out doing a pilot of her show. Can't wait to see the finale.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread