+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7/11/12 Design Star 7 - Episode 7

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

7/11/12 Design Star 7 - Episode 7

Who watched tonight? My order of favorite rooms: Yellow, Red, Blue, Green

They definitely sent the right person home.

Re: 7/11/12 Design Star 7 - Episode 7

I can understand why Mikel went home, the color on the walls sucked, his space planning sucked and the color of the sofas looked peachy salmon against the green and not very appetizing.

I really don't get the pops of color, I mean when I saw Sarah Richardson do her cottage and her husband wanted a red room she layered it with lots of white and lots of patterns in various scales to the point you loved it. I don't get why they didn't have more pattern in different scales in the rooms. Maybe it is a time issue? Still I do wish Danielle had put a teal runner on her table or used colored chairs or drape fabric on some of the chairs to bring color into that big blog of dark.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think when Hilari claimed the glass table she wanted, Danielle never recovered and for time purpose, went with the dark table. But, you are right - a teal or blue runner would have brightened it up a bit.

Yes, the right person went home. His moss green (he thought) really did look institutional on TV.

I'm looking forward to see what the three girls bring to the Yurks next week. The one in the preview had enough color and texture to please even David. LOL.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've posted the final three bios in their own threads. This will help us keep track for posting when one of them presents a show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

While he had a great on-air personality and I really enjoyed watching him, Mikel really didn't do that well with the designing overall. I think all three of the final girls are talented and can be fun to watch too, so I don't currently have a favorite. I'm proud of Hilari for coming from behind, because she struggled early on and I could've seen her sent home a couple of times. Danielle was an early favorite, but now she's the one struggling a bit.

Brittany is on the bottom of my list of people I'd like to watch. She's too whiny, IMO, and she's boring. I will concede, she probably DID do the best job this last episode. Even though I wouldn't want to live with gray and yellow.

I also would have like to have seen what Danielle's set-up looked like with the table she really wanted. I can imagine, of course, but I would rather have SEEN. Time management does seem to be a weak point for her. And I am totally surprised that she's never heard of a yurt before.

Sarah Richardson did a great yurt in one of her Design shows. A guy got one to use as his families 3 season cottage in northern Ontario. Wow she did a beautiful job putting in a kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms. Of course the yurts these designers are using are much smaller.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread