• 1 Post By jammyjoe
  • 1 Post By Lucy van Pelt
  • 1 Post By Mari79
  • 1 Post By Bearcata
  • 2 Post By PA Snow Bunny

Thread: Design Star 7: 7/3/12 - Episode 6

Design Star 7: 7/3/12 - Episode 6

No one else watched?

Paired in teams to design a kitchen based on a sink. As last week's winner, Danielle was allowed to choose her partner, her sink, and pair up the other contestants and assign them a sink. She chose Brittany for her partner. Also paired were Hilari and Stanley, and Rachel and Mickel (I don't think I spelled that right).

I was not terribly impressed by any of the designs, and I thought the lack of knowledge about kitchens really was breathtaking. I wouldn't let any of them design a kitchen for me!

However, I agreed with the judges' choices for winners and bootees.

Yeah, they really are a rather "meh" bunch this year. So far, I would not watch a show with any of them.
    Last edited by Lucy van Pelt; 07-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Re: Design Star 7: 7/3/12 - Episode 6

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    No one else watched?

Paired in teams to design a kitchen based on a sink. As last week's winner, Danielle was allowed to choose her partner, her sink, and pair up the other contestants and assign them a sink. She chose Brittany for her partner. Also paired were Hilari and Stanley, and Rachel and Mickel (I don't think I spelled that right).

I was not terribly impressed by any of the designs, and I thought the lack of knowledge about kitchens really was breathtaking. I wouldn't let any of them design a kitchen for me!

However, I agreed with the judges' choices for winners and bootees.

Yeah, they really are a rather "meh" bunch this year. So far, I would not watch a show with any of them.
    I guessed the results, and it does seem a little predictable.

Danielle started strong, and is now climbing again. She also has that "I can taste it" comment which seems to be on constantly.

Hillari has the "strongest" camera challenges.

Mikel is shown to be a bit arrogant.

Brittany is good as a teammate.

I think Danielle will be one of the F2, and I can't decide who the other will be at this point.

I do enjoy the show and this season's format is improved.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I'm not impressed by anyone yet either.

I really dislike team challenges, but especially this late into the season. There were only 6 contestants left and we really didn't get to see what anyone of them would have done because of all the compromises they had to make with their partners.
    sparklete likes this.

The remaining challenges should be individual challenges. I think it's Danielle and Britanny for F2. Hilary will be 3rd.
    sparklete likes this.

I've watched this show from the beginning. Every year has been meh except for David's year. Hard to live up to David.

Quote Originally Posted by sparklete View Post
    I've watched this show from the beginning. Every year has been meh except for David's year. Hard to live up to David.
    I've not watched ALL of them, but quite a few. And I have to agree, no one really come close to David as a stand-out, obvious choice. Sadly, his runner-up seems to have been a better designer than a lot of the other contestants, even some of the winners.
    sparklete likes this.

I thought all the kitchens were terrible, i really wouldn't have wanted any of them. Although the one that won was probably the best i found it quite boring still.
    sparklete likes this.

I didn't like any of the kitchens either...yes, the one that won was the best but w/o all the little extras, like flowers, it was rather bland to me.
    I still like this show but I don't like Genevive or Vern anymore....I did on Trading Spaces but not this show. I do enjoy all the guest judges.

Just watched the kitchen challenge and I guessed everyone that was eliminated and therefore everyone that stayed. Yeah, me. But I really don't have any desire to watch any of their shows. I want me some Sarah Richardson and Tommy Smith.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I design kitchens for a living. Kitchens are expensive so they tend to be a once in a lifetime purchase. The one thing you don't want to do is "date" your kitchen. While red is a nice color, trust me use it as an accent rather than a countertop. 10 years from now fire engine red will get very old looking along with those horrible blue walls. Changing paint is far easier & cheaper than redoing countertops.
    The next big thing is storage...storage storage!!!! Who in their right minds would rather wall paper in place of wall cabinets????
    TripleGemini and sparklete like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread