+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 6/26/12 - Episode 5

6/26/12 - Episode 5

Design a Hollywood Lounge in a Day.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 6/26/12 - Episode 5

Can't say I am sorry Kris went home as his room was a miscue. I always find it kinda ironic that every time a designer said he is tired of being in the middle and he/she needs to step up they end up designing a mess and then go home.

The camera challenges are pretty bad.

Sometimes I think the judges are too nit picky about certain items when the designers are given so little time to do anything. Vern calling out Hilari for not doing more screening with the PVC piping.
    Kip and sparklete like this.

It is always kind of amusing when a designer brags about how great they did in every aspect of everything and then gets sent packing.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I wasn't overly impressed with any of the rooms. Had to go with the one I didn't dislike the most.

Britany - a favorite of mine early on - lost some points for her near temper tantrum when she pouted her way through not being chosen the winner after creating 'the best room' she'd ever done.

Wondering if Hilari REALLY thought that tying knots in fabric and laying it across the floor was a GOOD idea - considering it was a lounge where people would presumably try to WALK to get to the furniture. I'm clumsy on flat surfaces so trying to walk across a room filled with something akin to Chinese jump ropes is NOT something I wanna do!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, I wasn't sad to see Chris go... could not stand him nor his obnoxious attitude. And what the heck was he talking about in his challenge? Raising a toast to 125 more years of Hollywood whatever? It was very odd.

Yeah, I agree that it was kind of sour grapes that Britany was pouting about losing the challenge, but I honestly thought her room was the best of the bunch. I think Danielle's room design was good too and the judges seemed to really like those lamps (wall sconces?-- can't remember) but maybe she was frustrated? Danielle has won more than once, I recall, but I haven't seen every episode.

I don't think Danielle has ever won, but she was second place several times. Brittany should have known that she hadn't done as well in the camera challenge and that's probably why she didn't win.

I loved Hillari's room. It was very cool.

With all of the amazing things in the 70s (psychedelics, peace signs in neon paint with black lights, beaded curtains, shag carpet, the very stylized art from the period, etc.), why did "dumb a$$" choose to decorate from the basement in That 70s Show? I would much rather have had a lounge that made me feel like I was hanging out at the Fillmore with Janis and the gang! (Can you tell that I lived through the period? LOL)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I had to laugh when the judges picked apart Kris' room - commenting on how the sofa seemed to be shoved into the corner. You could clearly hear Kris say how important furniture placement is while he and his helper were arranging the room. He specifically says he wanted it there. He thought it was such a good idea and then - BOOM! - it was pretty much the first thing the judges said they hated!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Buh Bye Kris! His basement room was tragic. I loved Hilari's 80s room and Danielle's Art Deco.

Now that I have seen the entire episode I can't stand all the whining Brittany and Rachel did. Maybe they will both go home next week.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I don't have a favorite so far. There are always rooms/designs I like in the competitions, but no one has really wowed me. Most other seasons there has been at least one person whose designs I looked forward to seeing each week - this year...meh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast