+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 6/26/12 - Episode 5

Re: 6/26/12 - Episode 5

This season has been rather lackluster for the most part....The Hollywood Regency and the Art Deco rooms were by far the very best. Really loved both of them!!
    No one else seemed even close, IMO.
    Just seems kind of drag-y this year and the judges ( not the guest-judges) seem to become more and more pompous and annoyingly, more snobbish.
    They seem to studied Superiority 101 and passed with flying colors. Previously, Genevieve and Vern were just ho-hum designers on Trading Spaces...and sometimes, both created some not-so-great rooms.....I don't think they want us to remember that though.
    I also don't see a lot of passion with this group of designer/contestants....ego, yes.....and also bratty-ness.

What I am looking most forward to next week is the double elimination.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I can't believe that the Kitchen Cousins are going to be guest judges on Design Star. They are just Awful with a capital A.

As for Vern and Genevieve being lackluster designers on Trading Spaces... gosh, I miss that show. The worst, and I mean worst designer there had to be Hildy Santo Tomas. I actually liked most of Vern's designs on TS. Genevieve was more hit or miss, from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I can't believe that the Kitchen Cousins are going to be guest judges on Design Star. They are just Awful with a capital A.
    As for Vern and Genevieve being lackluster designers on Trading Spaces... gosh, I miss that show. The worst, and I mean worst designer there had to be Hildy Santo Tomas. I actually liked most of Vern's designs on TS. Genevieve was more hit or miss, from what I remember.
    Really, why? I love watching Income Property and then Kitchen Cousins but pass on Property Brothers Wednesday nights.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Bearcata, I just don't like the kitchen renos the Kitchen Cousins do. For one thing, I am not a fan of the cabinetry they use, which is that ultra modern Italian design and I think many of their designs don't use good space planning. They often remove the cabinetry and then replace with less than what they started with or replace with a small island, that is not going to have as much storage as the cupboards they replaced. JMO. I like Income Property too but can take or leave Property Brothers.

Bearcata, I just don't like the kitchen renos the Kitchen Cousins do. For one thing, I am not a fan of the cabinetry they use, which is that ultra modern Italian design and I think many of their designs don't use good space planning. They often remove the cabinetry and then replace with less than what they started with or replace with a small island, that is not going to have as much storage as the cupboards they replaced. JMO. I like Income Property too but can take or leave Property Brothers.
    Depending on where they use it I think the ultra modern Italian designs are either a huge hit or huge miss. However considering the incredible tight spaces they normally work in those 100 yr old row houses I think their space planning is not that bad. I see them keeping to the basic work triangle although my pet peeve is putting extra storage cabinets outside of the kitchen area.

I do like the boys and their interaction with each other and their parents. It is nice to see that the families like each other.

I think Britany should have won the challenge with Danielle a close 2nd and then Hilari. I think the wrong person was sent home. The older lady has been in the bottom several times I think and I couldn't believe that she's still there. She was also terrible in the camera challenges. That was also not quite Victorian that she did. It looked cheap and not extravagant. I would have gone Steampunk on it...now that's thinking outside the box.

FORT Fogey

I can't believe that the Kitchen Cousins are going to be guest judges on Design Star.....As for Vern and Genevieve being lackluster designers on Trading Spaces... gosh, I miss that show. The worst, and I mean worst designer there had to be Hildy Santo Tomas. I actually liked most of Vern's designs on TS. Genevieve was more hit or miss, from what I remember.
    I always thought Vern was the best designer on Trading Spaces. I agree that Genevieve was hit or miss and Hildy designed for shock facto more than anything.

Design Stars has gotten worse over the years. My take is that there is a glut of home design shows to begin with. Add in a lackluster prize and it just isn't exciting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12