+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 6/19 Design Star 7: Episode 4

6/19 Design Star 7: Episode 4

Helloooooooooooooooooooo. Anyone out there?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 6/19/12 - episode 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Helloooooooooooooooooooo. Anyone out there?
    I am, but I'm totally useless, since I won't be able to watch it until it goes online tomorrow. I was just coming to lurk and see if anyone had any good info to spoil me.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

To the Point

I totally agreed w/the one sent home. Felt that Danielle was at a disadvantage because of her pairing. And I can't even remember the name of the woman eliminated. Sad!
    Shoepie likes this.

Three shows that I like at 9 pm...and my husband has control of the remote ;-) So I'll watch it later this week. (I'm onsite at a client's all week, so finding time to actually watch the shows is tough.)

Hilari and Mikel - wow nice room, good color, nice individual pieces and they worked well as a team. Even Hilar's camera challenge was good.

Stanley and Brittany - did the outside of the house that Hilari and Mikel did the living room/dining room. Again added wood elements to a major concrete backyard. Liked the chevron fence the best. The chevrol cabana looked off to me.

As a total package both teams did an outstanding job for the client.

The other identical house.

Miera and Danielle did the inside...Miera was a total pain in the tush and poor Danielle got caught in Miera's design mess. Miera also had a horrible cameral challenge so had two strikes against her.

Danielle didn't have a chance to finish her art projects and while her entry way table and mirror were great the rest not so much.

Outside Kris and Rachel. Surprisingly worked well together. Didn't think their design was a good as Stanley and Brittany's. Like that they added height and architectural interest to the concrete wall. The louvers looked great. Kris's succulent tree trunk planters/side tables did look great as did the pagoda style awning that Rachel designed. Rachel did have a very bad camera challenge and totally lost it on the kid's corner and I thought that either she or Miera would be eliminated.

Miera went home and I think it was the right choice.
    Shoepie and Arielflies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Hilari and Mikel - wow nice room, good color, nice individual pieces and they worked well as a team. Even Hilar's camera challenge was good.

Stanley and Brittany - did the outside of the house that Hilari and Mikel did the living room/dining room. Again added wood elements to a major concrete backyard. Liked the chevron fence the best. The chevrol cabana looked off to me.

As a total package both teams did an outstanding job for the client.

The other identical house.

Miera and Danielle did the inside...Miera was a total pain in the tush and poor Danielle got caught in Miera's design mess. Miera also had a horrible cameral challenge so had two strikes against her.

Danielle didn't have a chance to finish her art projects and while her entry way table and mirror were great the rest not so much.

Outside Kris and Rachel. Surprisingly worked well together. Didn't think their design was a good as Stanley and Brittany's. Like that they added height and architectural interest to the concrete wall. The louvers looked great. Kris's succulent tree trunk planters/side tables did look great as did the pagoda style awning that Rachel designed. Rachel did have a very bad camera challenge and totally lost it on the kid's corner and I thought that either she or Miera would be eliminated.

Miera went home and I think it was the right choice.
    Thanks for the recap. I'm looking forward to watching it. It sounds like Miera was just as difficult as she looked in the preview.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/19 Design Star 7: Episode 4

I agree with everything Bearcata said.

I was very surprised at Miera's reaction. They gave the carpenter the wrong measurements and while Danielle was trying to think about what to do Miera was in her face basically going "help me, help me, help me" and Danielle said I am trying to think about what to do and Miera's like "you have a crappy attitude and need to change it" and I am going huh? Miera had no consideration for the time it would take the carpenter to customize prebuild furniture. She didn't get the problem and basically said just build it. I think if they had just stuck to prebuilds that would have given them time to finish the room. To be honest I thought the space plan sucked and the room was not visually pleasant. I certainly hope that HGTV fixes all the little stuff that needs to be finished in that room. I hope Danielle learned a valuable lesson in CYA ing.
    Kip and Shoepie like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Meira was a real peach, wasn't she? My daughter said she reminds her of the kind of person who buys you crappy stuff for your birthday because SHE liked it - even though it had nothing to do with what the birthday girl wanted.

I think Meira needs to look in a "meira" to see who it is that really has the attitude problem!!!
    Miss_Griss, mom2, Kip and 2 others like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was pretty glad to see Meira go. She definitely needs a bit of self-awareness! She couldn't get along with anyone and would freak out at the littlest things. I noticed that none of the other designers were sad to see her go.

On an opposite note: I loved how Hilary and Mikel worked together. They knew how to respect each other and still have fun. Their room looked very polished and warm.
    Shoepie, Allie, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast