+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 6/12 Design Star 7: Episode 3

6/12 Design Star 7: Episode 3

Design for the Kardashians. Two go home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 6/12 Design Star 7: Episode 3

Luca and Bex got sent home this week. Luca I understand but I thought it would be Hilari instead of Bex. Hilari has not impressed me from day 1 and and I think has been in the bottom 3 times in a row. Chris also seemed to also be from the same school of arrogance as Luca cause he seemed to be a total a$$ to Miera and doesn't respect her age or her as a partner his attitude is all me, me, me. Doesn't seem to have any charm or diplomacy at all.

Personally on crappy attitude and not working well with others I would eliminate Luca and Kris and for doing nothing 3 episodes in a row I would eliminate Hilari.

What has happened to Danielle? She was very strong the first 2 episodes and messed up on the one wall here and looks as if she is falling apart in next week's preview.

I had a chance to view the show again and really concentrated on the Miera Kris interaction. Boy he is bloody rude to her. In his confession he says " when she screams I listen". He is clueless that he is irritating her. I do like that she is standing up to him, trying to be heard. Can she be more diplomatic? Yes, but I guess at 60 she feels she has earned her interior design chops and does not need to kowtow to a pouty "me generation"er.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yes, I think the great age divide played into their interactions, but somehow they combined to turn out a great space.

Luca had no true thought for the client needs and I pity his future clients when he bulldozes them. I liked Bex but those hexagon boxes on the wall turned out atrocious. The whole "store" set up, while cozy, did not a store make. I'm surprised at Bex because she said that type of design was in her wheelhouse.

There must have been zero time left if, after ripping off chunks of paint along with wallpaper, Danielle (?) couldn't sand it smooth enough to apply paint. Where did she get the time to purchase the curtain solution? Plus, the storage closet wasn't stocked with K goodies, but then, neither was the store, either.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I was not surprised to see Bex go. I was disappointed because I think she is better than some others who stayed. The octogon boxes were terrible. They looked like something someone would put up in their first apartment.

Danielle, what is happening?! She is my pick to win this entire thing! The wall paper was unfortunate but they didn't like the closet design in general. And yes, how did those curtains appear so quickly! I sense a helping hand from production.

I loved the conference room. Now I will have to put the Kardashians on my DVR to see if anything was changed other than the room that was a total failure.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out that Kris and Miera weren't going to get along, but that was extreme. What I noticed most - more than his constant need to be patted on the back . . or in his case, high fived - was the way he "apologized". He didn't simply say he was sorry. He said I'm sorry . . . you feel that way. Translation: I see you've got a knot in your knickers. What do you expect me to do about it?

My daughter and I both had a good laugh when they were reviewing Hilari and Danielle's room and Genevieve moved the drapery panel to reveal the patched-up wall. The spirit of the Wizard must have been in the room because we both yelled about not looking behind the curtain.

Still not seeing what the judges see in Stanley and at this point, I would not be surprised to find out they've already chosen him as their winner.

Didn't like Luka from the beginning and I'm not sad to see him go. I think Bex has good ideas, but she has trouble making them come to life. Wonder if it made Luka feel better or worse that his partner was also sent home. Better . . . at least he didn't go down alone. Worse . . . he could have vented more rage if she had stayed on the show.

Still liking Britney and Rachel. I would definitely watch their shows.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

It seemed pretty obvious to me that the whole wallpaper ordeal was scripted....first we see Danielle getting upset at the lumpy cloth wallpaper....then the appearance of those awful curtains. And of course, the judge went directly to see what's behind the curtain and like Little Sew&Sew said, it sure wasn't Oz back there....but the shameful walls!
    I didn't think Danielle or Hilari were going home...they just were the ones to take a fall for drama.
    I guess they have to add interest to pretty much dull show. These contestants really aren't doing it for me.
    But of course, I still watch. Addiction is difficult to stop.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

It's funny because I thought that Kris was a bit overpowering, but that Meira's reaction was ridiculous! She just freaked out over the smallest of things. He said she should come over and look at the wallpaper, and she starts freaking out saying that he's not the boss! A little bit of an over reaction! She just seems like a bitch who expects people to do what she says, and doesn't like having to work with someone else. As a matter of fact, that seems to be the case with many of these designers. They are a bunch of control freaks! Which is fine in the normal world. You need a designer who can manage all of the subcontractors and make sure everyone does a good job. But, on this show, they need to calm down a bit and work well with others so they can win and not face elimination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast