+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 6/5 Design Star 7: Episode 2

Re: 6/5 Design Star 7: Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Stanley is more about creating some kind of weird art...I just don't get him as an interior designer.
    The colored light concept was great...but that's all.
    Let's not forget his strange works of art/design welding pieces of metal...just what we all want in our homes.
    As much as I dislike Antonio and the Novaks as least they have some design sense and can communicate with and empathize with their clients. I just don't get that feeling from Stanley or Luca. They are both very ego driven but I just don't see them doing what their clients want.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just read this article in the online version of The Virginian Pilot. I had no idea Stanley was a 'local'. They even have viewing parties at a bar about 45 minutes from my house.

Still find him annoying, but I guess I should stop rooting against him!

Virginia Beach resident hopes to be next 'Design Star' | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Hildi was awful!! Does anyone remember when she glued hay and straw all over the walls of a living room? In an interview after the fact, the homeowners said it took 5 adults 17 hours to scrape it off the walls.
    Hildi also painted a couch! Ew! Can't imagine how uncomfortable that was with crunchy dried latex paint all over it.

I missed the first episode of this season's D/S, so am not used to the personalities yet. There seem to be many talented people on here though!

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Hildi also painted a couch! Ew! Can't imagine how uncomfortable that was with crunchy dried latex paint all over it.

I missed the first episode of this season's D/S, so am not used to the personalities yet. There seem to be many talented people on here though!
    Actually, I had a friend who did that once, and it wasn't as crunchy as you would think. I'd still want to strangle Hildi if she painted my couch, but it worked pretty well on the old fourth-hand chairs that my friend used.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post

Didn't she use a special fabric paint on that one? I could have sworn she did.

I wish they'd have Frank as a guest judge.

If I never see Hildi again, though, I'll be happy. I think she married a French guy, so France can have her.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm confused as to how this conversation turned into Trading Spaces, or whatever the show was - another network entirely.

PLEASE BRING THE DISCUSSION BACK TO THE LATEST EPISODE OF DESIGN STAR. Thank you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123