+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 6/5 Design Star 7: Episode 2

Re: 6/5 Design Star 7: Episode 2

I think Stanley is more about creating some kind of weird art...I just don't get him as an interior designer.
    The colored light concept was great...but that's all.
    Let's not forget his strange works of art/design welding pieces of metal...just what we all want in our homes.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Stanley is more about creating some kind of weird art...I just don't get him as an interior designer.
    The colored light concept was great...but that's all.
    Let's not forget his strange works of art/design welding pieces of metal...just what we all want in our homes.
    I agree. In the first challenge, it was all about his creating HIS artpiece. IMO, it had no relationship to the room.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    I had a flashback moment when Genevieve complained about not liking the floor lamp in Danielle's room. I remembered the time during one episode of Trading Spaces that Genevieve decided it would be a good idea to put moss on the wall. Vern also had at least one questionable design while he did Trading Spaces. It just makes me laugh when they criticize some of these designers when I can think back to some of their own past designs. I did like both Danielle's and Rachel's white rooms. Stanley can go home sooner rather than later for me, and he can take Luca with him.
    I rememer that Trading Spaces episode! Didn't it turn out that the homeowner or somone who lived there had severe allergies?
    sclilred1 likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I had a flashback moment when Genevieve complained about not liking the floor lamp in Danielle's room. I remembered the time during one episode of Trading Spaces that Genevieve decided it would be a good idea to put moss on the wall. Vern also had at least one questionable design while he did Trading Spaces. It just makes me laugh when they criticize some of these designers when I can think back to some of their own past designs. I did like both Danielle's and Rachel's white rooms. Stanley can go home sooner rather than later for me, and he can take Luca with him.

DITTO . . . . to every thing you said!!!
    sclilred1 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I rememer that Trading Spaces episode! Didn't it turn out that the homeowner or somone who lived there had severe allergies?
    I can't remember if the dad or his son had allergies or not but I do remember them talking about how bad the smell was because of the moss. Then there was another designer that was famous (to me anyway) for making really, really bad design choices.........Hildi. OMG the bathroom covered in artificial flowers glued to all of the walls! The sand on the floor with a tent like structure hanging from the ceiling to all of the walls..........in the house! That woman had some wild, off the wall, out there ideas. It seemed to me that whenever she and Genevieve where on they were trying to outdo the craziness the other had done. LOL I miss that show! I would make fun of the bad choices that the "professional designers" came up with while feeling sooooooo sorry for the homeowners.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If Hildi walked up my sidewalk, I'd lock the door and pretend to NOT be home.

I got to meet Frank one time at a home show in Arizona. He has to be one of the most gracious "celebrities" ever!
    Allie, sclilred1 and navybelle like this.

I LOVED Frank!!!!! I always liked whatever he did in any of the rooms he designed. I wasn't to keen on Vern although he did have some moments that were great. I loved Paige. I wish that she had gotten another gig as a host of a show.
    mom2 likes this.

I can't remember if the dad or his son had allergies or not but I do remember them talking about how bad the smell was because of the moss. Then there was another designer that was famous (to me anyway) for making really, really bad design choices.........Hildi.
    Hildi was awful!! Does anyone remember when she glued hay and straw all over the walls of a living room? In an interview after the fact, the homeowners said it took 5 adults 17 hours to scrape it off the walls.
    mom2 and Allie like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Is Heidi the one who glued the furniture to the ceiling??
    By these judges standards, she probably would have won by doing that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Hildi was awful!! Does anyone remember when she glued hay and straw all over the walls of a living room? In an interview after the fact, the homeowners said it took 5 adults 17 hours to scrape it off the walls.
    It was a guest bedroom and yes, I remember that well. They had to take it all down because it was a fire hazzard aside from being terrible!! I remember many rooms from that show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast