+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 9/12 FINALE DesignStar 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

9/12 FINALE DesignStar 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Will it be Meg or Karl or Karl or Meg? The last two standing must design for their lives (and a show on HGTV). Will they?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 9/12 FINALE DesignStar 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Will it be Meg or Karl or Karl or Meg? The last two standing must design for their lives (and a show on HGTV). Will they?
    Well, my HGTV is not working . . . apparently, neither is anyone else's.

I know there are late posters in this forum, but really...why isn't yours working?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I know that I could care less about either of the 2
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

I thought Meg's 'Design Crimes' idea was a good concept...so why is she now going to be hosting a show called HGTV's Great Rooms? Sounds boring.
    Little Sew&Sew and Duckyface like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I know there are late posters in this forum, but really...why isn't yours working?
    Not sure what's up. There was either a "This Station is Experiencing Technical Difficulties" notice up, or the picture was distorted with no sound. I hope to catch it on the replay.

I watched on the replay (11pm Central) -- didn't know there was an issue.

I don't know if I'm happy or not with the winner. I liked Meg's room better this week, but overall, I thought Karl was the better designer.

FORT Fogey

Great Rooms only has two episodes. Had they named them Design Crimes it would have told us the winner since they had to put it on the roster before she was announced. I think she will host Design Crimes eventually. I like that name and concept.

Karl's room was terrible, really. I think he is the better designer, too, Lucy van Pelt, but not last night. He choked.

Karl's room looked incomplete and frankly designed by an amature. The armoire was hideous alone on the long empty wall. Even if the grafitti had turned out well the shape and size was not right. The lack of balance and fullness of the room was glaring. A TV in an armoire has never looked good but the only answer for old thick TVs. The advent of flat screens now allows a piece of artwork to conceal it, a more modern and attractive plan. I didn't see Tuscan anywhere and that is fine with me. The gritty street art was hardly represented in the poorly conceived armoire.

Megs room was very nifty. I love the idea of the mirrors simulating windows. It was a far cry from Tiffany blue and I wonder why she didn't comply with that request. It would have worked beautifully. It is distinctive and dramatic. I put her two shows on my DVR and will check them out but I'm not sure her style will sustain my interest.
    Debb70 likes this.

I think Karl should have won but knew that Meg would. For reason I felt they really picked her early on. There was a couple of times I thought she should have went home over someone else but kept getting a pass.

I really wish Mark would have won it all. I think he could have with more time.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I think at the end of the day they are looking for someone with charm on the screen. Producers/aids can always throw their input in the design choices I bet. Meg was the right choice since the camera loves her. Karl IMO has better taste but seem awkward on camera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast