+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 9/12 FINALE DesignStar 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 9/12 FINALE DesignStar 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

I didn't watch Showhouse Showdown because Blob was on it. Maybe I'll catch it on rerun.

While I did think Meg produced a nicer room last night, I thought Karl was the better designer and the one I' d invite to design my home.
    All season, they mentioned how great Meg was on camera. I don't enjoy her at all. I find her fake, cheesy and over the top. And, sorry, but her constant wheezing sounded like she was going to have a heart attack any moment. And, the design crimes idea was not fully explained - to the homeowners or to the viewers, IMO - the husband looked quizically at her, as did I. Plus, I just wasn't at all excited excited by it. Just too darned cutesy - like Emily, whom I really don't enjoy.
    I just find Karl the better designer. He does things architecturally that are just stunning. For me, Meg was the JC Penney designer and Mark was the Neiman Marcus designer. They weren't even in the same stratosphere.

I do hope Karl gets some show out of this and I truly hope HGTV finds a way to utilize Mark. I could watch that guy all day!!
    sparklete likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    I didn't watch Showhouse Showdown because Blob was on it. Maybe I'll catch it on rerun.
    Who is Blob?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Who is Blob?
    I forgot to watch this show, but I think she might mean Bob Guinea of The Bachelor infamy. I've seen him as host on one other design competition on HGTV, but that was a couple of years ago.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thanks, Ariel.
    I had no idea that Bob from Bachelor was continuing with his 15 minutes.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Thanks, Ariel.
    I had no idea that Bob from Bachelor was continuing with his 15 minutes.
    Oh yeah. He extended his 15 minutes way longer than that by marrying soap actress Rebecca Budig. They were married for several years but are now divorced. Guiney, who is also a singer, is also in a band with other television actors, including James Denton of Desperate Housewives fame.

Sorry if off-topic.

I worried about the pedestal thing with the Buddha when she mentioned it but thought the final product was sturdy. It didn't look like it would be easy to knock over and I bet it was attached to the wall as well.

I was ok with either one winning. They both had their pluses and minuses as far as I was concerned.

Debb70, if you find out her secrets to shiny blond hair, please let me know. I'm sooo envious of it. The only I can think of is she's a swimmer. I've seen that on other swimmer's heads too.

I haven't seen the finale and figure I probably won't. I missed it and my DVR can't find another showing of it. I'm ok with that because neither (or any) of them impressed me in the least. I can say that because I'm lousy at interior decoratoring but I sure can tell a good designer when I see it.
    Too bad the show has become so lackluster but maybe it's just run it's course.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't care to watch Meg at all. Nice lady, but not someone I care for as a designer or tv host.

Someone mentioned Candice Olsen's shiny hair on a previous thread. I noticed it too. How do you get blonde hair to shine like that. You know it's touched up with highlights at the very least. What are the chances she would share her hair care secrets if I contacted her people? I would really like to know what she is doing to create that shine on processed hair. Any suggestions?
    I have shiny blonde hair and was a hair stylist for 20 years. Use a good shampoo purchased in a salon for starters. And if you have been using drug store shampoo know that you have to allow your hair to grow out and be cut off before seeing a huge improvement but it will continue to look better as the damage bad shampoo creates stops. It is that simple. Also have it professionally colored. Stay away from flat irons; they fry colored hair.

FORT Fogey

I cannot stand Meg's voice at all. She reminds me of the dance teacher on Dance Moms, and her voice drives me bananas. I also did not think Karl was that great either. I liked Mark the most this season. I watched the finale, but I have no intention of watching Meg's show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast