+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 9/5 Show Thread DesignStar 6 Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

9/5 Show Thread DesignStar 6 Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

Final Three! They are to design a whole house. Best of luck to them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 9/5 Show Thread DesignStar 6 Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

Meg and Karl are going to the finale. I am OK with either winning. I think both have something to offer. I liked Meg's little house best as it felt the largest on the inside. I do agree about the shelves not being large enough for storage. Mark missed it on his argyle design and his poorer camera skills. Hope they give the finalists a bit of extra time to really finish their projects for the finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Meg and Karl are going to the finale. I am OK with either winning. I think both have something to offer. I liked Meg's little house best as it felt the largest on the inside. I do agree about the shelves not being large enough for storage. Mark missed it on his argyle design and his poorer camera skills. Hope they give the finalists a bit of extra time to really finish their projects for the finale.
    I agree completely. The right two are moving forward. I've liked much of Mark's art in the past, but I didn't like the belts at all. I haven't liked some of Meg's designs, but I really liked this one.

Hope they give the finalists a bit of extra time to really finish their projects for the finale.

Me too. I hate it when they don't give the designers enough time to do a competent job - especially when they're doing rooms for real people (if they're designing a hotel suite or a "glass house", I don't care so much).

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Would rather have watched a Mark vs Karl finish. Not a fan of Meg's.

I thought Candace was on the same wave length as I was when she told Meg she "comes out of the tv and says watch me!" I didn't think that was such a good thing. She's way too perky/outgoing in her presentation. Tone it down a little. We don't need to be screamed at!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I liked Karl's the best because of the multi-task use of items. He also seemed to have included the most storage space. I liked the colors Meg chose - her cottage did say cottage. Art installations are fine, but in such a small space they should also have another use. Poor Mark having to be directed by Carmen in his carpenter video challenge.

I'm very happy with the final two and I see Karl taking it. My problem with Karl is that he is a self admitted high end designer and that may not jibe with the network...although...Dina's Party (or whatever) and another new show they advertise both seem to cost money.

Good luck to both.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If I had to actually live in one of those houses I would have choose Meg's, although I would have had to add some storage. I was wondering where these people were supposed to bathe. I didn't see a shower in any of the homes.

Maybe the water closet could be made into a wet room, but that would take too much engineering for the time they had.

I did like Meg's for the openness and I did not like the dark red Karl used...combine the two somehow, add a wet room and you've got something.

Did they actually show where one would sleep in Meg's and Mark's designs? Mark did miss the mark (pun intended) with the argyle design because there was no functionality to it other than just for pure aesthetics. And for a small space like that, function supercedes form. I would have preferred him to be in the finale rather than Meg. I believe that Meg had more downs than Mark and her down days were worse than Mark's down days. Not a big fan of Meg, only because I've her at her worst. When Mark faltered in his 1st camera challenge and his argyle wall design didn't work with the judges, I knew the writing was on the wall.

The more I see of Meg the less I like. It is true that her's seemed the most open ... but where do you put your stuff? Did you see Candace try out her little folding table (that did not work)? I just don't like her design style and hosting (too forced perky). She also seems way too pleased with herself at judging. She has a right to be proud, but hubby picked up on it right away and said if was off-putting how pleased she was with herself and seemed to only hear the positive. But maybe that is just me. : shrug : I liked Karl's design and multi-purpose small room approach. He seemed to be the only one who really worked at that (although Meg did put the water closet and such at the front to open things up, which was a good idea). The red was a bit too much, but I still like that color better than the green (I just don't like that shade). And poor Mark. Sigh. belts did not work and his hosting was sub-par. Still, he is talented and handsome and likable on the screen. I would not be surprised if HGTV found something for him to do.

I want Karl to win so far, but even though she is not my taste, Meg also has something to offer. I would probably not watch her show, but I could see how people would like her design style and approach to hosting. I agree with jammyjoe that Meg has had more issues than Mark, but Mark just did not shine when he needed to the most.

FORT Fogey

I wonder why these houses were built in such a narrow rectangle. A square shape is more pleasing to be in. Ikea does a good job with tiny spaces on their display floor. One is 435 sq feet and fabulous.

Meg. I hate woodwork painted any other color than white; that green was too assertive. She had a bench for a couch and no bed. And that bench did not look inviting at all! I found it odd the judges did not comment on that. In such a tiny space why have the rake head to hold wine glasses? You would want to store everything off of surfaces. Her manner is too perky for me and I don't like her taste and style.

Mark. No surprise to see him go. He is not good on camera and I agree his artistic touches did not work at all. I think he has more potential than Meg.

Karl. He definately did a good job and I have seen him as the winner from day one.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast