+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 9/5 Show Thread DesignStar 6 Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 9/5 Show Thread DesignStar 6 Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

I definitely enjoyed watching the ups and downs of these 3. I have to say, looking at the expressions of the judges for the finale as they announced the winner, all their faces point towards Meg as the winner.

I really liked Karl's work the best, and it's a shame he's so nervous on camera, but I think this is what might have him perhaps not winning. Did you notice they featured Meg's work mostly for the final episode? I wouldn't be surprised if she's the winner.

FORT Fogey

I think Meg will win - which to me is unfortunate. She does very matchy-matchy kinds of stuff. It works, I suppose, but it is a total snooze fest. I much prefer the guys because they have unique skills to bring to the table: Karl - architectural designs and Mark - artistic designs.

I think both of these guys could have their own shows focused on these two skill sets. I would watch their shows. I'd get bored very fast with Meg. I suppose she fits the tastes of the masses better though.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I haven't liked much of what Meg has designed this season... as someone said upthread, painting the window woodwork that horrid shade of green was a bad idea. Just horrible! I did appreciate that her tiny house was the most open of all three, but that is about it. I liked Karl's house the best but did not care for the dark red paint on the walls. Meg's house had no storage at all. Plus, I don't think I could take a whole show of listening to her... her voice is just grating, beside being overly loud. I would tune in to a show of Mark's just because I would love to see his megawatt smile... he sure is purty!
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.

I think Mark had the most potential but hoping for Karl to win.

I was wondering.....I never see Kym (?sp?) on HGTV. She won the season over....um....can't remember right now....brain freeze.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I think Mark had the most potential but hoping for Karl to win.

I was wondering.....I never see Kym (?sp?) on HGTV. She won the season over....um....can't remember right now....brain freeze.....
    Do you mean the plump gal from NYC? She had a show called Myles for Style or something like that. I caught it a few times but don't know if it is still in production.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Do you mean the plump gal from NYC? She had a show called Myles for Style or something like that. I caught it a few times but don't know if it is still in production.
    I don't think it's still in production. I think it lasted for only two seasons. I liked what I saw of it, but it wasn't anything I'd regularly tune in to. (Besides Next Design Star, David Bromstad's Color Splash SF show was the only HGTV show I'd watch regularly. I rarely watch his Miami show.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I don't think it's still in production. I think it lasted for only two seasons. I liked what I saw of it, but it wasn't anything I'd regularly tune in to. (Besides Next Design Star, David Bromstad's Color Splash SF show was the only HGTV show I'd watch regularly. I rarely watch his Miami show.)
    Yes, I like David's San Francisco show much better, too. I can't get into his new Miami based show. There's also another show I watch from time to time featuring a Design Star winner... it features a tall, lanky guy who ambushes folks as they shop in furniture stores. He offers them a free room makeover and follows them home. Once there, he decides which room he will do. I especially like the makeovers he does of their outdoor spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes, I like David's San Francisco show much better, too. I can't get into his new Miami based show. There's also another show I watch from time to time featuring a Design Star winner... it features a tall, lanky guy who ambushes folks as they shop in furniture stores. He offers them a free room makeover and follows them home. Once there, he decides which room he will do. I especially like the makeovers he does of their outdoor spaces.
    Todd Davis from "Room Crashers" is who I think you are talking about. He was in the final two with Kim Miles from season 2. Kim won.

Yes! Kim Miles. I only watched her show a few times. But I like Todd better and I like Room Crashers. I like David B but like some of you I don't care for the Miami show as much as the original one. Wonder why he went to Miami. Oh well. I watch a lot of HGTV and FN. Not regularly but off and on depending on if I have time to watch TV.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Thanks, Allie. That's right- Room Crashers. I didn't know he was the runner-up as I wasn't watching Design Star then.

mandmmom2, David Bromstad is from Miami, so I guess that's why he wanted to return to do his show there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast