+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 8/29 DesignStar6 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

8/29 DesignStar6 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

TV challenge is to be before an audience of the Nate Berkus show this week. And the Studio Apt challenge (season 1) has returned.

Have fun!
    Allie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/29 DesignStar6 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Nice job, Meg and Karl. Not that great, Mark. Kelly - it was your time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Nice job, Meg and Karl. Not that great, Mark. Kelly - it was your time to go.
    Kellie got the boot? I thought she should have gone because of bunkbedgate. Looking forward to the show, then!

Not unhappy that Kellie is gone.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Just watched. The right person went home. Funny, I liked the crooked book shelves and I know my son would love them. And Karl's idea for the bookshelf? I don't think I'd ever seen that before. I would have picked him over Meg for the win just based on an actual surprising idea. His idea got the studio audience. Meg had to coax it out. But as DH said, he could see her on some show like Kelly and Regis or what have you.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I agree that the right person went home.

At this point, Kurt is the only one whose show I'd like to watch. If Meg or Mark won, I'd give the winner's show a chance, but I'm not excited about either of them.

Who is Kurt? Anyway, I called it since the Episode after the white box challenge. It's going to be Mark vs. Karl. Well we still have one more week until the finale.

FORT Fogey

This was a disappointing episode due to the low budget. I felt like I was watching Trading Spaces. Wooden spoons on the wall? Upholstering bar stools? Painting a poorly excuted design on a coffee table? The low budget box store fix, is old and over. Give us something more fleshed out and let us decide where we, the viewers, will place our money. Many of us have beautiful homes and want some fresh ideas for a decor freshening.

Dear Genevive is my current favorite show.

Meg: I didn't like that room at all. Perhaps in person it was different. The yellow molding on the walls didn't work at all! The huge baskets on the wall were just bad. I did not understand why she won. That said, none of the rooms were winners.

Karl, my favorite and pick to win, made the best effort, in my eyes. Having a seating area with vintage chairs coupled with his bookshelves was enough to take his room above the others.

Mark: You can see his skill but he has not been able to bring it home on most challenges. Time is his enemy.

On the Nate Berkus show, Vern said this season had the most talented designers of all the seasons. Really Vern? No one is anywhere near David Bromberg for starters. I hate it when hosts claim this to be true, basically negating all former contestants. Nigel says this every SYTYCD, Randy on AI and on and on it goes.

This season has been disappointing for me and it is one of my favorite shows. Let's hope the final two shows elevate it.

Karl should win this bases on his painting alone. He has the potential of creating some very fine rooms.
    Allie and sparklete like this.

I agree, Shoepie. I did not like Meg's room. The molding was weird. As for other stuff: I HATED the spoon art. And the clock? Eh, sunburst clock is no big deal. Mark stayed over Kellie because he was the better designer. Her room was awful and I hated the bar stools.

Carmen! Mark! Chip! YAY! My favorite carpenters are to help out next week.

I really liked Meg's design and challenge this week. Karl surprised me with his camera/audience composure. Mark disappointed me as did Kellie. Kellie going home was the right decision; as was Meg's win.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast