+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 8/29 DesignStar6 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/29 DesignStar6 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I really did not care for Meg's room at all. Not sure why Nate Berkus went on and on about it like he did.

Karl does good work, but I find him off putting.
    I like Mark, but he really did poorly in this episode.

I've never watched Nate Berkus' show before. He seemed overly impressed with himself though, IMO.
    Nate is a down to earth man. Since I have seen a lot of him I can say that never does he appear to be impressed with himself.

IF they gave Karl a Design on a Dime show, he would go nuts as he told us, while searching for fabric, that he is used to $100,000.00 plus budgets.

The new Design on a Dime premiering soon will have a larger budget...$2,500.00 rather than the $1,000.00 they had been using.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I think a $2,500 budget will go far on Design on a Dime. I'm surprised how far that thousand dollar budget stretches. Some of the designers I like better than others but by and large the rooms aren't too shabby. Perhaps not to my taste, but not too shabby. I look forward to what they will do with more than double the old budget.

FORT Fogey

The last thing I would watch is another low budget show. I think we all know how to buy cheap stuff, paint it and frequent box store sale shelves. I prefer to watch a show with a higher budget and translate that into my abilities. There has to be a middle ground between Candice and Design on a Dime.

One thing about Design on a Dime that has always bugged me is they do not include any of the labor. I know the idea is that you can "do it yourself", but some of the things I've seen done in the past took a lot more skill than everyone has (like remaking some of the furniture). Also, their access to places with cheap but nice and interesting fabric. IME, you can get cheap or you can get nice/interesting, but they don't come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I think a $2,500 budget will go far on Design on a Dime. I'm surprised how far that thousand dollar budget stretches.
    You'd certainly hope so since it's called Design on a DIME!
    Personally, I'm not impressed with any of the designers. They're ok but seem so amaturish. Have watched some of Nate Berkus's show and he really is good at designing. So far, he does seem down to earth but you never know what "celebrity" can do to someone's ego.
    Karl is a pretty good designer but lousy on camera. Meg is a pretty good designer but apparently her voice annoys some people, her time management skills are awful and she really strikes me as someone who lacks confidence and that would bother me.
    Kellie needed to go....but more so because of a lack of bunkbeds and lockers.
    Mark will probably win because he's easier on the eyes than the rest, his design talent is just as good as the others," and he seems to do beter on-camera.
    None of them are stand-outs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123