+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 8/22 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 7 ** West Coast Spoilers**

8/22 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 7 ** West Coast Spoilers**

Oh, that poor family about to get HGTV'd. Usually the HGTV'd show takes a week to film with a lot of pre-design already done. This time it will probably be two days, with a ton of people pulling out their hair.

I can't wait to see what David's look of horror in the preview is all about.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 8/22 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 7 ** West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Oh, that poor family about to get HGTV'd. Usually the HGTV'd show takes a week to film with a lot of pre-design already done. This time it will probably be two days, with a ton of people pulling out their hair.

I can't wait to see what David's look of horror in the preview is all about.
    I think this is going to be on Design Star AND HGTV'd. I am guessing they will be taken care of if there are screw-ups.

FORT Fogey

Karl, my favorite, did not disappoint. What a beautiful job! Mark' rooms were good too but there were elements I didnt care for.

Why is Meg still there? She seems quite the amature; she didn't use a level. How totally odd is that? Kevin's room was terrible, too. Must have been a difficult choice.

I was shocked Kellie and Leslie did such a poor job the kid's rooms. I decorated one of my grandson's rooms in one day with a trip to Ikea and a couple of junk/"antique" stores and it is fabulous with a fraction of their budget. It was a very simple project. I didn't succumb to Ikea's kitch for kids either.

If my memory serves, past season's have had more good designers in the cast. They made a big mistake booting Tyler. A bad room sent him home but his potential outshined most of those remaining. His white box challenge said that, clearly.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Both of the kids rooms were disappointments for sure, and Kevin's family room wasn't any better. I know he said when he saw the leather piece that it looked like a coffee table or bench. But during the reveal, he said something about the kids hanging out and playing on it. Right in front of the fireplace? Not smart. I also thought it was odd that Mark got such high praise, since he completely chopped up the visual and traffic flow of his living/dining room combination. Karl definitely deserved the win.

And, oh, the wonderful LACK of drama. Those who left didn't seem to blame anyone but themselves. What a refreshing difference.
    Shoepie likes this.

I was surprised that Lesley, Kellie and Meg were not all booted off last night. Especially Kellie for not giving the client what he wanted and that was a bunk bed and lockers. I though that was a major miscalculation on her part. I liked Lesley's room and Kevin's until the judges pointed out what was so wrong with them. That and poor camera challenges explains why they went home. Still I didn't think Meg's and Kellie's room were all that. Why didn't the producers all save us some time and just eliminated everyone except Karl and Mark and let them have a several episode design challenge war.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

One thing I can't stand was used in two rooms and that is wall installations. Were the albums Mark took out of their jackets vintage? If so, they just lost value. Does the homeowner like to play them? If so, too bad as they are now nailed to blocks on the wall. I thought they said they wanted an elegant dining room. To me, the dining room looked more farmhouse chic than elegant which would better match the style of the house.

Next is Meg's horrid use of lanterns. Since they have art pieces, why didn't she hang one of those there instead and define the space beyond the door entry better? The reading nook on the upper landing was a great idea, but as noted, not finished. Bookshelves would have been nice to give the room height some definition.

Kellie really blew this one. Should have gone with the client and not her own sensibility.
    Leslie's stage was a good idea, but as noted amateurish.

Kevin lucked out on the spare lumber for the mantle, but his space planning didn't hit the mark. Where were the two chairs needed in front of the fireplace flanking the coffee table? Where were the space rugs to define the two spaces? And, of course, where was the appropriate couch for TV viewing?

Okay...I've been down on Karl lately, but maybe that was because he freaks when working with others. The master bedroom was what they asked for - elegant, romantic and more. I loved the added architecture below the windows and he pulled the drapes to the ceiling to better frame the windows as well as puddling them on the floor to create that romantic look. Good choices in fabric. Good choice for a challenge winner.

Down to the final four...let's get it on!
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I kinda felt for Kevin. I have a family room that is the exact same way... long with a large fireplace at one end. . I've tried an ottoman, chairs, tables you name it in front of the fire place, nothing works. I finally threw down a rug and called it a day. the dogs think it's their wresting mat. At least someones happy with it.

I too was disapointed in the ladies this week. While Meg's space did look unfinished, Lesley's look like such a hodge podge of stuff. It looked messy. I was fine with Kellie's room but she's also my favorite and who I want to win.

Karl deserved the win. He nailed that room!!! And the camera challenge!!!

Mark's rooms....well, I didn't care for. I like a couple things about it but it was too woodsy for me. I love wood but I think he tend to over do the wood. I also thought the rooms were too masculine....JMHO though.

Keven's room was a mess. I knew he was in danger once I saw his room. I kept wondering if he was going to buy rugs and chairs but he never did. AND why didn't he go look for a mantle the first day?!!?!?

Meg's rooms were empty. Did she not finish b/c of time and had the other items stored away or did she just not really think the whole concept through? I think she didn't think it all through. She seems very scattered brain. Oh! I don't like her voice either but not everyone likes my accent so oh well. It almost sounds like she has major sinus blockage.

Leslie's room was busy and Kellie's room was lacking. I was expecting them both to come up with some great organizational tools for these rooms and to really have fun. I was truly disappointed. Kellie could have bought bunk beds and then have her carpenter build lockers out of wood so it didn't look like a gym but still gave the boy "lockers". I am a girly girl and have two girls and I even know what I would have done to that boys room. Sports theme is easy!!!! Leslie...why didn't she get a real Karokee set and build a stage a foot off the ground!?!? She could have had her carpenter install lighting for the stage. Now my mind is going a million miles a minute thinking of all these ladies could have done in the boys rooms!!!!

I do think the right two people went home. Neither one is really good with the camera challenge and they have both been in the bottom more than once.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Kellie could have bought bunk beds and then have her carpenter build lockers out of wood so it didn't look like a gym but still gave the boy "lockers". I am a girly girl and have two girls and I even know what I would have done to that boys room. Sports theme is easy!!!!
    I think she should have been gone for ignoring the request. She was arrogant in saying that he didn't want two beds and she knew why he wanted it. And so what if he did? I have seen awesome designs with a bunk bed. And she could have done a bed with ladder and had fun with the space underneath it. I have also seem really cool locker looks at even placed like Ikea. Bah.

I just watched again and thought I really hated the wood installed on the walls of the dining room walls. Super ugly.

Does HGTV fix what the designers messed up.?

The designers had 3 days for this challenge I can't believe Meg, Kellie and Leslie couldn't have done more with that time. They had painters paint the walls. The had professional floor installers do the floors and they shopped. So what happened?

I have seen Candace Olsen and Genevieve do plenty of kids rooms and they look tons better then what these designers have produced.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast