+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 8/22 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 7 ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/22 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 7 ** West Coast Spoilers**

No one, home owners or designers or host/judges, mentioned the rather odd (to my eye, anyway) doorway pediments. They were very ornate. They didn't seem to go with anything else in the house as it existed. I thought they should have all gone bye-bye during the redesign. But there they were, although it looked as though maybe one had been removed from one of the boys' rooms. They had carpenters. Couldn't they have done something else?

I was in stitches at David's portrayal of how homeowners react. :-D

ETA: I watched David's video recap, and noticed that there was a weird upper-wall molding/treatment/Idunnowhatitis ? in the master bedroom (Karl's territory). Obviously, it came with the house. It should have gone with the redecoration. Why the heck don't they give them time/money/whatever to do that kind of thing? No one mentioned this either. Karl had it painted the same color as the room, apparently the best that he was allowed to do? Very baffling to me. I hope someone goes back and takes care of stuff like that.

And I had no idea what that EKG zigzag on the closet doors (Kyan room, via Leslie) was supposed to be, but it looked extra weird on paneled doors, and not very well done, paint wise.

The kids looked terrified; I don't think their reactions were indicative of how well they liked (or hated) the rooms. They were not dealing well with the cameras. LOL! I guess Karl could relate.
    Last edited by Lucy van Pelt; 08-25-2011 at 01:10 AM.

I was really surprised at how poorly all the rooms were done except Karl's master bedroom.
    Meg and Kevin tend to spend too much time on aspects that are not that important and in the long run, can't save them from being eliminated, like the mantle and the wall of lanterns.

Shame on Kellie for ignoring what the boy wanted. A good designer uses what the client wants in a more esthetic way. Even those wooden "lockers" were ridiculous because they were too high on the wall for the little guy to use and they were too small to hold much.

Leslie, altho adorable, made a room that looked like a hurricane had come and gone. Kids are fully capable of totally messing up a room without starting out that way. And what was that zig zag line on the closet for?? Totally random.

MArk had some good looking aspects to his rooms but not as much as the judges seemed to think. Those wood panels on the dining room wall were ugly and an eyesore.
    The dining room table's legs were solid wood and whoever sits at the head or opposite end of the table is going to bump his knees all thru dinner. There were some kind of almost-formal embellishments on the top of the living room walls that were a whole different style than the wall of records look and isn't the record look very passe?
    It just seemed more appropriate for a family room or a rec room.

I have absolutely no talent for home design but I can recognize common sense mistakes and there were plenty in this episode.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just went on the Sears website. They definitely sell bunkbeds AND lockers. Another reason for Kellie to have actually used them in her room - they'd have had another camera shot of a Sears store as she shopped.

HGTV has been doing promos for a new version of Design on a Dime.
    And, it's going to be hosted by Casey - who was on Emily's season of Design Star.
    I didn't like the host of DOAD - Kahi Lee, so I'm glad to see Casey, whom I liked last season.
    Heck, I think I liked anybody better than Emily. Sorry, but she's got one of the whiniest voices ever to grace my TV screen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I knew she looked familiar when I kept seeing the commercials...but was having a hard time placing her. I need to see what time it comes on b/c I actually like that show...since I can't afford most of the stuff designers do...but this show is creative on a budget.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I knew she looked familiar when I kept seeing the commercials...but was having a hard time placing her. I need to see what time it comes on b/c I actually like that show...since I can't afford most of the stuff designers do...but this show is creative on a budget.
    They seem to be premiering all the new shows right after Design Star airings.
    The commercial of DOAD that I saw stated that it would be on at !0:00 next Monday.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I didn't see "Emily's season" but I've seen some of her videos commenting on this go round. She reminds me of Anne Heche. This is generally not a good thing (to me). YMMV.

I was just thinking today they should make them do designs using nothing but stuff from Sears .... {evil grin}

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123