+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 8/15 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/15 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What's with Karl getting all defensive during Judge's Panel, both Meg and Kellie gave him credit for executing the orange drapery?
    I thought his reaction was odd, too. They said he installed the orange ceiling fabric, and anyone on the judging panel could see and would know how much work it had to be to have it done well - and they had already said it had been done well. He must have been really tired and reacted from fatigue. But it would seem that they're at a point in the competition where the judges are looking at every aspect of their work and performance (including getting along with others), so they all need to be careful.

Didn't the judges even comment last night after Cathy was eliminated (FINALLY) that she seemed to be only willing to take credit for good stuff, but not responsibility for the not-so-good? BTW, I've been googling like crazy and the only references I've found to Cathy's weddings featured in 3 national magazines are her references to them. I'd really like to see what she did.

I felt the table cloths were a disappointment. When I was a teen, I worked some weekends with a family friend who catered wedding receptions. She and two assistants did it all, food, beverages, cake, tables, and sometimes flowers for the reception hall. Her elaborate table cloth creations were awe inspiring. They were truly a piece of art. All she used was fabric, tissue paper and pins. If you've been involved with weddings, I would think it would be one of the major things you would learn to do.

Yes, I'm glad Cathy is gone. It's too bad she didn't have the skills. Her camera shots were pretty good. I don't think Cathy is living in reality though.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I missed it last night. Who won the challenge? So glad to hear that Cathy's gone, though. Any idea when they repeat Monday night episodes?

Ding-dong the witch is dead! Finally, the gummy-faced, bulgy-eyed Cathy is kaput! LOL that she repeatedly reminded everyone that her wedding designs were featured in 3 national magzines and then then she got the boot! What a way to blow her ego to smithereens!
    luvsginger likes this.

Karl seemed off to me but then again....maybe this is how is normally is but now that Kathy is out they can focus more on his attitude? Not sure though. Maybe he was more than just fatigued from working with Kathy on the last challenge. I felt that he felt threatened right from the beginning for some reason.

Why did they not hire a florist? They bought the cake so why not hire a florist? You really have to know your flowers and have an eye to make flower arrangements. I'm surprised not one designer can do a flower arrangement. Most designers can. Maybe it has more to do with it being on a larger scale. Not sure.

I do think Keven's time is approaching. He isn't consistent at all and eventually the judges will get tired of that.

My neice designed and decorated her own wedding and it was so much prettier than this!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Thrilled Cathy is gone.

I like Karl and think he is one of the most skilled. The problem I see with him is that he is a quiet, easy going man who feels more comfortable avoiding conflict rather than negotiating it. And that is fine; it will work if he gets his own show where he will have the design vision and final say. The women use him to build and install and he obliges.

Finally saw the show. Can see why they eliminated Cathy. However, she wasn't, IMO, as much of a reality show villain as Penny was on FN Star. Now, that was a villain!

I find Karl kind of annoying and this wasn't the first week I did.
    Meg has done some good work, but I don't know if I could watch a show of hers. She kind of gets on my nerves with her voice.

I'm still liking Kellie - her designs and her attitude.
    I like Leslie, too, but not overly impressed with her hosting style.

I also like Mark and feel he could be the dark horse.

Overall, this season is just so much better than last season's.
    And, I love the guest hosts each week. It really seems to lighten up the attitudes of both Genevieve and Vern. Both seem to be providing much better criticism this season as a result.
    Allie and mandmmom2 like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Cathy's exit interview is online and she is shocked that she got voted off and that it was a backstabbing mob mentality that got her voted off. I think she forgot to take her meds while filming this show.
    luvsginger likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Cathy's exit interview is online and she is shocked that she got voted off and that it was a backstabbing mob mentality that got her voted off. I think she forgot to take her meds while filming this show.
    If you check her blog on wordpress, you'll notice that as she describes all the wonderful things she did on this episode, she kind of forgets to mention that she was ELIMINATED. And the exit interview you referred to would make you think that the other designers got a vote in her elimination. If this had been Design Survivor, she'd have been voted off the first week.

Ladies and gentlemen, the EGO has left the building. Thank goodness.
    Shoepie and luvsginger like this.

Wow. Just watched Cathy's exit interview. Just Wow. I could barely watch her with that weird look on her face and her eyes bugged out more than ever at the end. I don't remember her being that bad before. : shudder :
    luvsginger likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast