+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 8/8 Design Star 6 Episode 5 Show Thread

8/8 Design Star 6 Episode 5 Show Thread

Back to the white room, kitchens and Paula Deen. Have fun, y'all.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-09-2011 at 02:11 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 8/1 DesignStar 6 Episode 4 Show Thread

OMG! They eliminated the wrong designer. Tyler has more talent than Kevin. I thought he, Mark and Karl were going to be the top 3. But then now that he's gone, Kellie is growing on me. Leslie has been doing some cool stuff too and can sneak in there. And WTF on Cathy! She also bugs the hell out of me, pun intended, because I hate her buggy eyes when she gets into this attitude and refuses to collaborate with other designers. She's not attractive to begin with and her personality is even worse. Her way is the only way, really classless and also a liar. When she got immunity for having the best video challenge, she just saved herself from elimination, otherwise she should have been gone. I hate the fact that she got immunity...she already won the challenge and got her video featured for HGTV but the immunity is way too much. Nobody, at least, in this forum would want to listen to her let alone watch her show. That poll with Cathy being second is definitely rigged.

And speaking of annoying, Paula Deen is definitely one. Can't believe people are falling for her schtick. It's a put on people! She's so fake!!!!

I gave 2 votes for Tyler, 2 votes for Kellie, 3 votes for Karl and 3 votes for Mark. But if you can vote everyday then we should give our votes to Kellie since we don't want Cathy overtaking her.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-08-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Shoepie and sparklete like this.

To the Point

Re: 8/8 Design Star 6 Episode 5 Show Thread

Cathy is NOT a team player at all. Even when it would benefit her to play well with others she doesn't. Cathy was so convinced that she was right and Karl was wrong about the styling of the kitchen that she wouldn't even listen when he tried to talk. It annoys the mess out of me when the judges tell the contestants that they have to speak up and make themselves heard when they aren't pleased with what their "partner" is doing. That's great in theory, but in the case of Cathy it just doesn't work AT ALL. She does not listen. I would NEVER watch her show!
    mandmmom2 and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Cathy is NOT a team player at all. Even when it would benefit her to play well with others she doesn't. Cathy was so convinced that she was right and Karl was wrong about the styling of the kitchen that she wouldn't even listen when he tried to talk. It annoys the mess out of me when the judges tell the contestants that they have to speak up and make themselves heard when they aren't pleased with what their "partner" is doing. That's great in theory, but in the case of Cathy it just doesn't work AT ALL. She does not listen. I would NEVER watch her show!
    Doesn't she just talk over them and then do what she wants? I vaguely remember her moving something that someone did. Or was that her partner who moved the pillow just as tim was called after she dismissed her opinion. Arg. Don't remember. But I do think she will be gone at the next partner challenge. Once they cut the deadwood, I think they will realize she just isn't an interesting "villain."

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    And WTF on Cathy! She also bugs the hell out of me, pun intended, because I hate her buggy eyes when she gets into this attitude and refuses to collaborate with other designers. She's not attractive to begin with and her personality is even worse. Her way is the only way, really classless and also a liar. When she got immunity for having the best video challenge, she just saved herself from elimination, otherwise she should have been gone. I hate the fact that she got immunity...she already won the challenge and got her video featured for HGTV but the immunity is way too much. Nobody, at least, in this forum would want to listen to her let alone watch her show. That poll with Cathy being second is definitely rigged.

And speaking of annoying, Paula Deen is definitely one. Can't believe people are falling for her schtick. It's a put on people! She's so fake!!!!

Cathy is such a liar, she kept saying...."this is the first I heard of it" in regards to her doing all the styling. OMG, she can't get along with anyone!!! And she is EXTREMELY unattractive (inside and out), I have NO idea what she is doing on television....that gummy smile with her horse teeth is just too much to look at. Can you imagine her on the 6 o'clock news as you're eating dinner? What a way to lose a quick 5 lbs!
    I agree the poll is rigged. The producers know full well she won't win and she can't get along with anyone but they need her to create the drama. I would like to put her in a room with Penny from The Next Food Network Star and see how they get along....now that is something I would watch! LOL....

I also agree about Paula Deen. The food at her restaurant "Lady and Sons" sux!!!!!!! It's served up buffet style and its all dried up from the heat lamps....and it is overpriced and a total rip-off!!!!
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    Cathy is such a liar, she kept saying...."this is the first I heard of it" in regards to her doing all the styling. OMG, she can't get along with anyone!!! And she is EXTREMELY unattractive (inside and out), I have NO idea what she is doing on television....that gummy smile with her horse teeth is just too much to look at. Can you imagine her on the 6 o'clock news as you're eating dinner? What a way to lose a quick 5 lbs!
    I agree the poll is rigged. The producers know full well she won't win and she can't get along with anyone but they need her to create the drama. I would like to put her in a room with Penny from The Next Food Network Star and see how they get along....now that is something I would watch! LOL....

I also agree about Paula Deen. The food at her restaurant "Lady and Sons" sux!!!!!!! It's served up buffet style and its all dried up from the heat lamps....and it is overpriced and a total rip-off!!!!
    I don't think it is necessarily rigged, but I DO think that she has an organized group behind her votes. (That staging organization she belongs to). As for Paula Deen, I've never watched her show because whenever i see or hear what she is cooking I gag. I don't like fried, buttery, fatty foods.

I just think Cathy is lucky that this season the tv challenge is such a big part of the competition or I think she would have left by now.

As a side note after last week's episode and the rigging story I tried to check up a bit on Cathy and found some interesting articles about staging. Basically a home stager needs 3 pieces of furniture and 3 accessories to stage a room, any more than that it is considered over done. mmmmm, you think Cathy was out sick the day the class went over that piece of information?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Doesn't she just talk over them and then do what she wants? I vaguely remember her moving something that someone did. Or was that her partner who moved the pillow just as tim was called after she dismissed her opinion. Arg. Don't remember. But I do think she will be gone at the next partner challenge. Once they cut the deadwood, I think they will realize she just isn't an interesting "villain."
    I remember when he tried to say something, she just kept saying "I've got this. Let me do what I'm good at." The look on her face while Vern was talking was, "I'm surprised you're saying my room was overdone, but it's a sure sign that you don't know what you're talking about."

Can we send her and Elise from Hell's Kitchen off on a long trip with each other and see who kills whom first?
    YorkieMom and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I don't think it is necessarily rigged, but I DO think that she has an organized group behind her votes. (That staging organization she belongs to). As for Paula Deen, I've never watched her show because whenever i see or hear what she is cooking I gag. I don't like fried, buttery, fatty foods.
    It is hard to believe that anything could be rigged in this day and age (think "Quiz Show") but I just cant seem to figure out where the votes are coming from. If she treats her peers and co-workers the way she has treated the contestants and her partners during the first few episodes, I doubt anyone would be voting for her! I mean one would think you would be on your VERY BEST behavior when competing for a spot that would require you to be "nice" and she can't even do that.....I really wonder how she treats people that she works with in her every day life.

Her staging skill are horrific! I absolutely HATE clutter and anything on my kitchen counters and I felt so uncomfortable with all that stuff she "staged" on the counter tops.

She is obviously there for the drama and what she doesn't get is that she is sooo being used by the network for drama purposes only NOT for her talent (or lack of)

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    It is hard to believe that anything could be rigged in this day and age (think "Quiz Show") but I just cant seem to figure out where the votes are coming from.
    Is there a DS version of Idol's vote for the worst Web site? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast