+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 8/8 Design Star 6 Episode 5 Show Thread

Re: 8/8 Design Star 6 Episode 5 Show Thread

Oh yeah, I laughed when they said something about but we all have wall space. No we don't!

Kellie and Leslie are my favorites right now. Kevin seems like he might have some interesting ideas, but I find him annoying to watch and he's too hit or miss. I loathe Cathy. There's something wrong with her, like she's a complete narcissist or something.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    It looked white to me, too. What I can't figure out is why no one called her out on the pans facing OUT...they should face in when hanging.

And I'd love for Meg to see my kitchen, which has absolutely no wall space anywhere. (My house is a 1905 Colonial, and the kitchen was originally 3 rooms combined into one at some point.) I have a ceiling rack for my pans...and it's on the back porch because there's no place else to put it.

Cathy can go home any time now. And I wish judges (of any shows where teams are collaborating) would stop with the "you have to make yourself heard" crap. Some people absolutely refuse to listen, and there's not a damned thing anyone can do to make them change their mind. I felt like Cathy played the victim card tonight (when she did that passive-aggressive "well you can blame me if you must" thing)...it doesn't help that I don't like her to begin with.
    (1) I knew there was something odd about those pans - you're RIGHT . . . they should have been hung the other way!!!

(2) I thought it was funny when someone commented that "all kitchens have extra wall space." Really? NO!!!

(3) Shall we throw a virtual party when Cathy gets kicked off? I've got a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge. I did read a note from someone online who had met her at an event. She's apparently as arrogant off camera as we all think she is on the show. No surprise there. Why would a nice person pretend to be pushy, rude, and have no people skills?
    Allie and sparklete like this.

I liked this challenge, because it gave them empty space to start with and a more even playing field, but it makes my head spin that all this is being done for nothing essentially. Not to benefit anyone, and it's an awful lot of money for all those beautiful things. Maybe they'll repurpose the cabinets, but the tile and floors? Hmmm... it just gets to me sometimes.

I was so disappointed that Tyler was sent home - he's a likable guy and did not do such an awful job. I'd much rather see him continue than have Cathy or that other guy on my TV (can't even remember his name and don't care enough to look it up). I can't stand watching Cathy.

This season, it seems that many of them can create beautiful spaces - but like David said, it needs to be elevated to the next level. It's going to be kind of boring - for a TV show that is. They'd do great at actually decorating people's homes, but for TV they need a punch of color or surprise elements to make it more interesting.

I wish I had as much space in my kitchen as the ones on Design Star. They were unbelievably huge. I do wish the challenge showed a smaller more normal size kitchen, say 12' x 12'.
    Allie and sparklete like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I wish I had as much space in my kitchen as the ones on Design Star. They were unbelievably huge. I do wish the challenge showed a smaller more normal size kitchen, say 12' x 12'.
    Or a weirdly-sized one...my kitchen is 25x12, with four doors and two windows (one decorative to the enclosed back porch). And whoever designed my kitchen never learned the "triangle" layout...in one row, I have my fridge, small cupboard, dishwasher, sink, cupboard with drawers, stove, small cupboard, and built-in floor-to-ceiling pantry. With cupboards running along the top, except for over the sink (which is where the window is). I've redesigned a new layout, but we can't afford to implement it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123