+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 8/8 Design Star 6 Episode 5 Show Thread

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/1 DesignStar 6 Episode 4 Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    It is hard to believe that anything could be rigged in this day and age (think "Quiz Show") but I just cant seem to figure out where the votes are coming from. If she treats her peers and co-workers the way she has treated the contestants and her partners during the first few episodes, I doubt anyone would be voting for her! I mean one would think you would be on your VERY BEST behavior when competing for a spot that would require you to be "nice" and she can't even do that.....I really wonder how she treats people that she works with in her every day life.

Her staging skill are horrific! I absolutely HATE clutter and anything on my kitchen counters and I felt so uncomfortable with all that stuff she "staged" on the counter tops.

She is obviously there for the drama and what she doesn't get is that she is sooo being used by the network for drama purposes only NOT for her talent (or lack of)
    I suspect that a lot of the people who are voting for her have never met her. They're just part of the same professional organization she belongs to. If you Google her name and see her own website, it's SOOOO full of the same personality you see on TV.

It seems odd that she was a 5-time Emmy-award winning newsperson, but gave that up to stage homes? My gut feeling is that she was such a diva that no one wanted to work with her. Voila - great time to become an entrepreneur and start your own business! (Kind of like Christian on Master Chef. I suspect he's a stay-at-home dad because he can't work well with others.)
    Allie likes this.

Re: 8/8 Design Star 6 Episode 5 Show Thread

Since Candace is off doing her show and not being a judge, she is doing a weekly recap. There is some interestingly subtle but definite snark on Cathy.

Candice’s Recap: Episode 5 « HGTV Design Star

Thanks Lucy....there was definitly snark in there by Candance meant for Kathy. So, Kathy has immunity? So, she can't be voted off next week? Or did I hear wrong?

If I had that much stuff on my counters I'd feel gross all the time! And it was food so it will go bad and start to stink and bugs will come around. Ick!!!! Or was it all fake food?!?

I hate clutter (I reorganzie and clean out closets and storage once a month if my schedule allows it...drives my DH and girls crazy). As a matter of fact I plan to do that tomorrow....after the farmers market.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Thanks Lucy....there was definitly snark in there by Candance meant for Kathy. So, Kathy has immunity? So, she can't be voted off next week? Or did I hear wrong?

If I had that much stuff on my counters I'd feel gross all the time! And it was food so it will go bad and start to stink and bugs will come around. Ick!!!! Or was it all fake food?!?

I hate clutter (I reorganzie and clean out closets and storage once a month if my schedule allows it...drives my DH and girls crazy). As a matter of fact I plan to do that tomorrow....after the farmers market.....
    I think her immunity was just for the kitchen episode. She's eligible for elimination next week. We can all hope. I don't think I've ever seen a reality show contestant whom EVERYBODY dislikes so much. Even Russell Hantz had fans. Cathy seems to have none.

Maybe we should nominate her for Survivor and see how long she lasts there. If nothing else, she could rearrange all the driftwood around the camp and design a STUNNING shelter out of global materials.

Oh - I forgot - I was reading something Cathy wrote online this past week. In the article, she says she "designs historic homes."

Really? If you're designing them, they can't be historic. You may decorate them, but you can't design something that's been in existence long enough to be referred to as a historic home.

This lady gets on my last nerve.

I think she is a designer wannabee....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I think she toots her own horn alot.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I didn't like Meg's pegboard. Or perhaps I should say, she didn't take it far enough. First, the edges of pegboard are usually kind of crappy. I'm not sure if that panel came painted white (I've usually seen it in the Masonite brown, and YOU get to paint it) or not, but in any case ... why white? Why did she not paint it the same color as the wall behind it? A simple frame could have been made too (and painted the same color) to cover up the edges. I thought that looked jarring, sloppy, and screamed DIY noob. You can get pegboard now in galvanized aluminum and stainless steel -- either would have been a better choice!

Of course the teensy amount of time they allow them is ridiculous.

I didn't think Tyler deserved to go home, although I did think the purple bench was hideous. LOVED the table, but I don't think that was Tyler's choice (can't really remember). His wall painting didn't look like batik to me; if anything, it looked like ikat.

And I wasn't quite sure why they were gushing over Kellie. She did some nice things, but she fell quite short on her video presentation. I loved the light fixtures Mark picked out (and Karl's as well, for that matter).

Right now, I am predicting Kellie will win -- I think she is pre-determined to be the look and personality they want. I thought Mark did a better job on his video by far; indeed, I thought he should have beaten out Cathy. I predict Mark will be second. Or possibly Karl.

ETA: Sudden thought -- could the pegboard have been metal and just "read" as white on my monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    ETA: Sudden thought -- could the pegboard have been metal and just "read" as white on my monitor?
    I looked at a picture of it. It was white. Sure didn't look metal to me. And Metal WOULD have looked much better in that room, I agree. Would have tied in better. Peg boards used that way are old hat, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I looked at a picture of it. It was white. Sure didn't look metal to me. And Metal WOULD have looked much better in that room, I agree. Would have tied in better. Peg boards used that way are old hat, I thought.
    It looked white to me, too. What I can't figure out is why no one called her out on the pans facing OUT...they should face in when hanging.

And I'd love for Meg to see my kitchen, which has absolutely no wall space anywhere. (My house is a 1905 Colonial, and the kitchen was originally 3 rooms combined into one at some point.) I have a ceiling rack for my pans...and it's on the back porch because there's no place else to put it.

Cathy can go home any time now. And I wish judges (of any shows where teams are collaborating) would stop with the "you have to make yourself heard" crap. Some people absolutely refuse to listen, and there's not a damned thing anyone can do to make them change their mind. I felt like Cathy played the victim card tonight (when she did that passive-aggressive "well you can blame me if you must" thing)...it doesn't help that I don't like her to begin with.
    Allie and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast