+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 8/1 DesignStar 6 Episode 4 Show Thread

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/1 DesignStar 6 Episode 4 Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Cathy must have designated voters or someone made a program to vote the max allowed each day or however it is set up. No way are viewers voting for her. Never. This illustrates how easy it is to fix an internet poll.
    Shoepie - I put something in Cathy's thread. She's part of a professional organization that's sending out e-mails to tell their members to vote for her. I'm sure some of the others are doing something similar . . . but it looks like Cathy is part of the biggest, most obedient group. You're right - viewers are not voting for her. I haven't seen ANY online comments anywhere to indicate that any regular viewers like her (her designs or her personality).
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Shoepie - I put something in Cathy's thread. She's part of a professional organization that's sending out e-mails to tell their members to vote for her. I'm sure some of the others are doing something similar . . . but it looks like Cathy is part of the biggest, most obedient group. You're right - viewers are not voting for her. I haven't seen ANY online comments anywhere to indicate that any regular viewers like her (her designs or her personality).

Thanks. Makes total sense that those who are voting for her will gain something from the publicity should she win. They are her cronies at the station where she may still work and just taking a hiatus. Get your face out there is the name of the media game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Thanks. Makes total sense that those who are voting for her will gain something from the publicity should she win. They are her cronies at the station where she may still work and just taking a hiatus. Get your face out there is the name of the media game.
    I think the organized group is the home staging organization she belongs to.
    AZChristian likes this.

I'm enjoying this season a lot.
    Pretty much drama free except for Cathy.
    She really doesn't bother me, though.

I normally love the kitchen challenge, but don't really want to see Paula Dean again. She was on Food Star, too. Her Southern accent increases with each show she's on. Sorry, but the woman's a total phony, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

At one point I wondered if Cathy was setting it up for her co-designer to be eliminated. It seemed like the only major items that Cathy left him the floors and the headboard. It was obvious from the beginning that the floors were very badly done, and she wasn't taking any care to avoid scruff marks. Then she called and tried to get him to buy a headboard....because it would take the carpenter away from making her uncomplicated chair-railing? It was like she wanted his 2 items in the room to be that awful floor and a store-bought/effortless headboard. Two negatives instead of a positive and a negative.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12