+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7/25 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 3

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 7/25 DesignStar 6 Show Thread Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    AZ, I never heard her say "blended family" - only the statement about her "wife and kids."
    Sorry to confuse you (I do that to a lot of people). I used the "blended family" term as it was in her bio in her thread here on FoRT. Not sure if she said it or if someone else used it to describe her when they put together her bio.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm really old . . . I didn't realize that "blended family" fit into the "two mommies" world. Not that there's anything wrong with that. LOL.
    Sure! both she and her wife had kids when they met and now they have a blended family.

Desiging rooms in a bed and breakfast should be interesting tonight if they each get a room of their own. I have a hunch it will be teams though; there are too many left. I just hope they give them a painter and carpenter. We get better rooms when the designers don't have to do it all.

I got curious reading about the host's (hostess'?) flabby arms........ being the possessor of old flabby arms...(or they're getting there!) so I googled her.
    Boy, HGTV sure cleaned her up well. From the image page (Google) she's got the wildest hair! She actually looks really cute with it...not everyone could wear that.
    But now they have her looking like "a proper lady." I would have been hard pressed to know they were the same person. This boring, newcaster, anchorwoman host on Design Star just couldn't possibly have dynamic personality that's seen in other images. but then I know nothing about tv demographics and I'm sure they do.

Why can't a person be a hostess anymore? or an actress? Is there something wrong w/being the feminine form of a word?

I want Clive back....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Why can't a person be a hostess anymore? or an actress? Is there something wrong w/being the feminine form of a word?
    Nothing wrong with being female. But why would we need to distinguish gender? Does it really make a difference if it's a man or a woman (in general -- Tamika versus Clive: Clive wins, hands down) doing the job? Such terms are a holdover from the days when it did make a difference, as in, you're a woman, so you're not getting that job. I'm old enough to remember when the world was like that. And it's an attitude that has not fully been extinguished, even yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I don't consider host to be a gender specific word because it has morphed into one who hosts an event. I found something interesting on dailywritingtips.com about this issue:

5 Fluctuating Forms of Gender-Specific Language

And I still miss Clive. :-(

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12