+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 7/11 Show Thread: Premiere Design Star 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

7/11 Show Thread: Premiere Design Star 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

New York New York and a bunch of hopeful designers come to conquer the town or at least win a show on HGTV.

Enjoy the shows with David Bromstad mentoring and Tanika Gray hosting. Looking forward to seeing how the panel judges the designs this year.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 7/11 Show Thread: Premiere Design Star 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

Best thing ever is giving the designers 3 days to do their rooms. I expect really decent results especially since they will be getting help, carpenters???? So why did Mark still not finish his headboards and side tables with all that time and help?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

After watching the first episode, I'm having high hopes for the season. I really hated the last few seasons and the ongoing group challenges, I like a mixture of both team and individual challenges. I also agreed with the first person to leave.

As for the rooms, what was the guy thinking when they used orange and the word RELAX in the same concept?

I also liked the feedback offered by David Bromstead (sp?) as their mentor.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Ironic that the young woman who was flashing her credentials when she walked in was the first to go. Her room looked like something an 8-year-old could have done with leftover supplies from a craft project. Emmy-award-reporter lady has way too much attitude, and I thought it was great that her partner (the cheerleader) was praised for her participation, while reporter lady was expecting the tongue bath for herself.

Seeing how unaware some "professionals" are about their lack of skills never fails to amaze me. In a competition, someone's design has to be less impressive than the others . . . but why are there so many contestants who can't understand time restraints - or who have NO sense of taste or style?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I enjoyed this show. I like that a host has returned. It takes the heat off of Vern. I love that they will have one mentor all season instead of guest mentors. This is going to be good this year now that the new production company has done some tweaking.

I was disappointed in the bedrooms, but loved the bonus room. I wish the rosewood table had been able to fit up the elevator or stairs. Anyway, next week - the white room challenge (individual). Yay.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was sad at the attitude of the TV reporter. I think she has some talent. But that arrogance is annoying. And if she noticed the problem with that bench she should have done something about it. Even my hubby and I noticed that lip would be uncomfortable. A quick fix would have been to put ANYTHING in there to raise it up so the pillows would have been slightly above the lip when sat on.

I thought I would not like the ex-cheerleader but I did. I agreed with the judges on the two best rooms (I LOVED the tire coffee table) and with their pick of best room. I really want that chair in the bonus room.

Can't wait for the white box challenge. I love that one. I do miss Clive, though. :-(
    luvsginger and AZChristian like this.

I was sad at the attitude of the TV reporter. I think she has some talent. But that arrogance is annoying. And if she noticed the problem with that bench she should have done something about it. Even my hubby and I noticed that lip would be uncomfortable. A quick fix would have been to put ANYTHING in there to raise it up so the pillows would have been slightly above the lip when sat on.

I thought I would not like the ex-cheerleader but I did. I agreed with the judges on the two best rooms (I LOVED the tire coffee table) and with their pick of best room. I really want that chair in the bonus room.

Can't wait for the white box challenge. I love that one. I do miss Clive, though. :-(

And Bearcata, I agree with your surprise on Mark. The design was NOT that intricate and should have been completed. And the lady with the other headboard? That was blech. If she couldn't finish it maybe just paint a headboard behind the bed and prop up pillows. Even that would have looked better.

I wish Kelli would have shared the win, however I was happy for her partner and loved how they seemed to work together. Loved that room.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Design Star 6 Premieres Monday July 11, 2011

What I thought was strange is that the designers had 3 days, each team had a painter and handyman and yet still many didn't finish their furniture (Mark) and some didn't finish their headboards (J). That doesn't make sense.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Re: Design Star 6 Premieres Monday July 11, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What I thought was strange is that the designers had 3 days, each team had a painter and handyman and yet still many didn't finish their furniture (Mark) and some didn't finish their headboards (J). That doesn't make sense.
    He had to have control over the building because that is his thing. Foolish move. Another carpenter could have easily done what he asked. His ego got in the way. I think they all learned to use their help to the fullest from now on.

I was shocked that non of the judges criticized the dark purple baseboards. GACK! Well, maybe they did and it was edited out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast