+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 7/11 Show Thread: Premiere Design Star 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 7/11 Show Thread: Premiere Design Star 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

They should bring back Clive Pearse, he's a lot more entertaining than this try hard Tanika or whatever her name is. Last year was the worst ever season with the women vs. men and I think we never got individual challenges until the finale. It was major suckage. I think the guy who painted the room orange should have gone (and why would you put the word RELAX in an orange painted room?) Are these really designers or just wannabes? The girl who left may have a grandma taste in her style and has workmanship issues but the guy who was in the bottom 2 with her, aside from painting the room orange, decorated their shelves with an ugly robot?!

I really think that every season should start with the white box challenge. It's by far the favorite of most viewers because we all get to see the styles of each designer and pretty much you can tell who are the really talented ones.

I think it was a toss-up for the bottom ones. But I agreed that her workmanship PLUS the old trick of framing wall paper should have gotten her booted. Plus what she put on the walls would have been better saved for one of their challenges to where they go to a party store and have to decorate the room with the stuff they bought there. I would have not been upset if orange or relax guy went either, though. From the previews it looks as if maybe one of the other bottom dwellers learned their lessons.

And I REALLY MISS CLIVE! sniff. But am sooo excited for the white box challenge. Love it love it love it!

I've not watched this show in several seasons now. But Clive does usually make shows better, and I agree, I miss him.

To the Point

Enjoyed the show, but my daughter and I really did NOT like Tanika as host. She is really a bit too over the top.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Enjoyed the show, but my daughter and I really did NOT like Tanika as host. She is really a bit too over the top.
    I agree. Certainly there are better options out there as host. I have never heard of her and had to google. Hosting is a very specific skill and she does not have it.

I don't miss Clive because I like David so much. I think he is the only person that could have replaced him. He gave good feedback.

I don't think that David is in Clive's role though. He's sort of a mentor/sounding board/advisor to the contestants. There's a woman who is in Clive's time-keeper/voice-over role. That's where I miss him. When they expanded Designed to Sell to other areas of the country, they had new hosts with each one. After awhile of that, they kept the host who was interacting with the designer and the prospective sellers, but Clive did the voice-overs. I really really noticed the difference. The others would just put me to sleep. Clive kept it interesting. And this woman on Design Star is in the sleep-inducing category, when she's not in the irritating interruption category.

I wonder WHY Clive was given the boot?
    Last edited by Lucy van Pelt; 07-17-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Finally got to see this when the re-ran the episode. I did miss the beginning, though.
    Glad to see David.
    Don't care for the host at all. She was a turn off.
    Glad to see David.
    I really like that room where the guy won the challenge. That was just lovely.
    I did like the episode better than last season's. That was pure garbage. Glad they got rid of Mark Burnett.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think the new host comes across as fake. Not sure what her credentials are. Why fix anything that's not broke? Last year was bad enough that they didn't have a host and instead got cheap by using the judges as hosts. Now we have this crappy host who has no charisma and is easily forgotten once she's off the screen. I dont think anyone cares about her and her opinions, and that's probably why they put David in the show.

Another thing about Clive: When he would come to give the contestants a heads-up on time remaining, he was firm, but he also seemed to be worried for those who were behind. In other words, someone nice, who cared about them. Even if he didn't really, he appeared to do so. This woman .... I don't think so.

FORT Fogey

The host must have a design background and Tamika does not. A former Trading Spaces designer would work. I have a hunch they tried to find a better host and she was what happened. Not good. So not good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast