+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Meg Caswell: Season 6

Meg Caswell: Season 6

Meg Caswell

Interior designer Meg Caswell describes her design style as a preppy mix of modern and traditional.

Hometown: Chicago, Ill.
    Meg says she began her career in design the moment she decided not to attend law school. After she earned a degree in criminology, she soon enrolled at The Art Institute of Chicago where she earned a B.F.A. in interior architecture. The interpersonal skills she learned during her criminology studies help her develop profiles of her clients and uncover their true design preferences. As the owner of a design firm and a home decor store in Chicago, Meg characterizes herself as a determined, direct and high-energy competitor. She describes her design style as a preppy mix of modern and traditional, but she also counts the vibrant pastel colors of "Palm Beach chic" among her favorite looks.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-05-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Meg Caswell: Season 6

Can't say anything about her designing yet, but her "mugging" really puts me off. Her facial expressions and contortions are just too much.

I actually think she has a ton of talent but as far as being a Design Star, I don't think she has a chance. Her voice is just too uncomfortable to listen to, it's as if she is struggling to speak each and every word. I am trying to figure it out, it is sort of like she has vocal chord nodules and nasal and breathing issues. No offense to her at all but she makes me soooo uncomfortable when she talks..it's as if she can't breathe when she talks and I begin to feel like I can't breathe when I listen to her.....no offense to her, like I mentioned, I really think she has a lot of talent.. as usual JMHO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I actually think she has a ton of talent but as far as being a Design Star, I don't think she has a chance. Her voice is just too uncomfortable to listen to, it's as if she is struggling to speak each and every word. I am trying to figure it out, it is sort of like she has vocal chord nodules and nasal and breathing issues. No offense to her at all but she makes me soooo uncomfortable when she talks..it's as if she can't breathe when she talks and I begin to feel like I can't breathe when I listen to her.....no offense to her, like I mentioned, I really think she has a lot of talent.. as usual JMHO!!!
    I agree, but that can be easily corrected by a vocal coach. They teach you how to use your voice, eliminate regional accents, lose the nasal quality, raise or lower the register, etc. It takes some work, but is worth it for someone who wants to be on tv or radio.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I know her voice is a bit raspy, but that doesn't bother me. At least her eyes don't bug out and she doesn't show 2 inches of gum while she's talking. And actually has shown some nice design ideas . . . not just talked about them.

FORT Fogey

Should she win, I think she will get help with her on camera work. I have not liked her work, particularly. Not bad but has not dazzled me.

I am so shocked that she's in the final two. I never would have predicted this at the beginning of the season!

Her delivery reminds me a little of Kathy Griffin.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I haven't really liked much of what she has done. It seems amateurish for lack of a better word. What was with all the oohs and aahs when she presented her design tip on the Nate Berkus show? Painting that design on the painted white table looked ridiculous to me. No way would I want that ugly table in my home!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I haven't really liked much of what she has done. It seems amateurish for lack of a better word. What was with all the oohs and aahs when she presented her design tip on the Nate Berkus show? Painting that design on the painted white table looked ridiculous to me. No way would I want that ugly table in my home!
    She got the oos and ahhs when she asked for them after K got a reaction for his tips.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Another disappointing ending . . . . .

I can't envision myself watching Meg's show. Her voice grates on my nerves (although I realize there's probably little she can do about that). She always seems scattered, frantic and indecisive. Her camera persona is not nearly as good as Karl's or even Marks. I know that for most challenges, they were required to paint or work up a sweat, but Meg came off looking like she was dressed for gardening. Hope she takes a clue from Leslie (or even Kathy) and dresses like someone we'd want to see on tv instead of someone we'd see out in the backyard.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast