+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

Cathy Hobbs

A news reporter turned interior designer, Cathy Hobbs' signature style includes Asian simplicity paired with touches of Hollywood glamour.Age: 42
    Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.

Originally from Maryland, Cathy went to school in California for business and eventually became a broadcast news reporter in New York City. Despite winning five Emmy Awards for outstanding news reporting, Cathy's passion for design propelled her into a second career. She attended morning classes at the Fashion Institute of Technology, where she earned a bachelor's degree in interior design, and then returned to the station to report the evening news. Married with an 8-month-old daughter, Cathy now owns a flourishing interior design company and specializes in residential and commercial properties. She says that her signature design style includes Asian influences paired with touches of Hollywood glamour.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-05-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

This lady glued a target on her back with her behavior towards her partner. Confidence is good. Arrogance doesn't win any points. Condesencsion is rude and insulting when working with one's peers. She's already on my "Opinion Formed - Don't Like Her" list.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Yes, I loved that the judges critiqued her bench, but gushed over her partner's tire storage coffee table thingy. (Sign me up, I know all the technical terms! )
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

She was very rude to her partner during the first challenge. I don't think she is very easy to work with but does anyone else have a problem with looking at her teeth? UGH...I am sorry to be so shallow but I can't believe someone with that gumline would be hired to be a newscaster in NYC...she totally has a horse mouth and I think had she not been so rude to her partner, I would have looked past it. She must be on some small cable station in NYC.
    AZChristian likes this.

Remember she has won 5 Emmy's. Although she should be careful about saying that on national TV as fans can be rabid about finding out the truth about that statement.

One thing really bugs me about her is that she tends to really open her eyes when she talks, to the point that you see the whites of her eyes all the way around. Reminds me a bit of a rabid dog or zombie. Seriously, zoombie eyes are spooky.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Remember she has won 5 Emmy's. Although she should be careful about saying that on national TV as fans can be rabid about finding out the truth about that statement.

One thing really bugs me about her is that she tends to really open her eyes when she talks, to the point that you see the whites of her eyes all the way around. Reminds me a bit of a rabid dog or zombie. Seriously, zoombie eyes are spooky.
    So, of course, I had to Google. According to Wikipedia:

* 1995 Emmy Award, for A Testament of Friendship and Faith
    * 2002 Emmy Award, for Get Out Alive
    * 2003 Emmy Award, for Outstanding On-Camera Achievement in General Assignment and Live Reporting

(Apparently, she wasn't a math whiz . . . she doesn't know that 3 does not equal 5.)

These types of Emmy awards don't impress me much. Two of them were for ONE story each. I've heard our local news station brag about similar rewards, and my response is, "They got an EMMY for THAT?"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    So, of course, I had to Google. According to Wikipedia:

* 1995 Emmy Award, for A Testament of Friendship and Faith
    * 2002 Emmy Award, for Get Out Alive
    * 2003 Emmy Award, for Outstanding On-Camera Achievement in General Assignment and Live Reporting

(Apparently, she wasn't a math whiz . . . she doesn't know that 3 does not equal 5.)

These types of Emmy awards don't impress me much. Two of them were for ONE story each. I've heard our local news station brag about similar rewards, and my response is, "They got an EMMY for THAT?"
    The wikipedia says she won 5, but the part under awards only lists 3. Doesn't mean she didn't win the other two, just that the person who entered the info didn't post it. There was an article I saw on the Web that listed those three as an example, so I figure that is where they got it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    The wikipedia says she won 5, but the part under awards only lists 3. Doesn't mean she didn't win the other two, just that the person who entered the info didn't post it. There was an article I saw on the Web that listed those three as an example, so I figure that is where they got it from.
    It does say she won 5, with a footnote which takes you to the section where only 3 are listed. If she won 5, I apologize for passing on incorrect information.

She seems to have done everything - and charges a chunk of change to show up as a speaker. Reminds me of the lady on SYTYCD who has won 10 international dance competitions, but competes against amateurs. Perhaps Ms. Hobbs needs to perfect one more skill - courtesy when working as a team member.
    mom2 likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I thought I was going to like her, but she's already turned me off. Yes, I noticed the teeth and the eyeballs, but what stood out more was the attitude.
    AZChristian likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    She seems to have done everything - and charges a chunk of change to show up as a speaker. Reminds me of the lady on SYTYCD who has won 10 international dance competitions, but competes against amateurs. Perhaps Ms. Hobbs needs to perfect one more skill - courtesy when working as a team member.
    Amen on the skill she needs to work on. lol I wanted to like her but sure didn't on the first show.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast