+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

If you check out Cathy's blog on wordpress.com, she does mention the "national" magazines (I'd never heard of them). What I find hysterically funny is that in her writeup of the wedding episode, SHE NEVER MENTIONS THAT SHE WAS ELIMINATED!!!! What a piece of work.

There's only one picture that shows an elegant table setting. The rest are what you'd expect a standard caterer to put together for a wedding . . . not a 5-time Emmy award winning person who has been published in three national magazines who brings a global perspective to her work.

Here's the text of what she says:

As someone who really enjoys and has helped to plan weddings I really enjoyed this challenge. In addition to interior design and home staging, my company has actually be hired on numerous occasions has the event design company for receptions, weddings, private parties and events. The very first job my company actually secured was for a wedding and reception that was published in Martha Stewart Weddings, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style and Wedding Channel’s Wedding Bells. Those event credits actually put my company on the map and the interior design and home staging projects quickly followed. Since then, my company has spun off events into a separate company called simply The Producers (The Producers: A Special Events Planning Company - Weddings, Corporate Parties, Catering, Invitations, Flowers, Music, Celebrations), in which we execute event such as weddings and large receptions at venues such as Lincoln Center’s Avery Fisher Hall. I have been so honored to have been selected to be a part of the special day of so many brides and grooms. So having the chance to be a part of the wedding of Cynthia and Val, was a special treat. One of the special touches I was able to include were personalized menus in which I created a custom crest using their initials. It is an element that I have included in other weddings I have designed and has always been a hit! I also love the way the charger set looked on the tables. In 2009, when I was selected to be one of 15 designers for the prestigious DIFFA’s Dining By Design, I chose a similar setting for my 40′s Hollywood glamour themed table, and I thought it would also work terrifically for a Victorian theme as well and I was right. My only disappointment was the linens. My partner in this challenge selected a silver overlay with round circles then at the last minute decided she no longer wanted them. In a pinch we decided to use lavender organza that I had purchased for the purpose of just having some extra fabric, it would have never been my choice as I love rich, lush, layered tables, but in the end they served as overlays which I was not a fan of. I also am happy with the way the use of square tables looked in the loft, one of the first weddings I decided to use only long rectangle tables. The selection was one of the reasons why Wedding Channel’s Wedding Bells told me they selected it for their magazine. So many of you have sent such great emails and compliments on my designs and my work and asked me to share photos of some of the weddings that I have been hired to do. I have included them in the photos below.

FORT Fogey

Good by you arrogant woman! What is wrong with you?
    luvsginger likes this.

I highly doubt many people have sent her emails requesting help or info or pics....maybe she has received emails that aren't nice but...

Wasn't she the one who kept stalling on picking out the linens?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I MUST stop this obsession, but . . .

She used the words my, me, or I about 28 times in the 18 sentences of this blog. The only time she mentioned her partner (not even polite enough to use her name) was to blame her. When Leslie kept asking Cathy's opinion about the linens and place settings, I thought that was what a partner SHOULD do. Had she not, Cathy would have complained that Leslie was making decisions without consulting her. No one who works with this woman will ever do what she thinks is the "right" thing . . . because that seems to be a moving target.

I often read that it's the "editing" that makes a particular contestant look bad. But they can't produce film of you saying something you didn't say . . . or of you ignoring the floral team who repeatedly tried to get your attention to ask about flowers for YOUR sweetheart table - while you totally ignored them.

Design Star will be a lot more fun to watch next week. It will - hopefully - actually be about design!!!!

/rant

If you really want to get frustrated, go watch Cathy's exit video on HGTV's Design Star page. Oh my goodness...we (the audience) are now supposed to realize just how back-stabby the other contestants were against poor, poor Cathy. "If you watched the show...", she said. Obviously forgetting that we watched the hour where she tried to do all of the shopping and none of the work. And the one where she lied about Karl not saying anything about the staging in the kitchen. And how she completely ignored Meg last night about the flowers.

As of last night, HGTV had more than 150 comments on this week's episode. Maybe 1% were opposed to Cathy's leaving. And one person was very clear to state just why Cathy was in second place in the "viewer" poll, and how if Kelli wins, Cathy will get an online show unless everyone votes for someone else. (However, that staging website has a link on their home page asking people to vote 10 times a day for Cathy, which is where all those votes are coming from.)

Oh, and Candice's blog this week was awesome, too.

I've seen it. Wow. I found out that her husband is German. That's why he married her, I bet - he has no idea what she's talking about. He probably also encourages her to take LOTS of business trips.

I also read a blog she wrote about the kitchen episode. Remember how the judges "dissed" her for the over-staging, but told Karl how much they LOOOOOOOVed his lighting fixture? She actually takes credit for the lighting fixture (she chose it over the phone), and makes Karl sound like nothing more than a delivery person. The ego!!!
    Last edited by AZChristian; 08-18-2011 at 12:49 PM.

To the Point

You know, we really should all agree on who to vote for. I still want to vote for Kelli some since she is ahead of Cathy, but I give her a couple votes everyday and give the rest to whoever is directly behind Cathy. I've never bothered voting for this type of thing much but I just really cannot stand the thoughts of her actually ending up with an online show.

So, I suppose I really need to get over her as well.

Well, she could end up with an online show that no one ever watches ;-)
    AZChristian likes this.

I keep forgetting to vote for the online show. So, say Kellie wins the online show by our votes...but also wins this season and gets a show...does that mean the #2 person for the online votes gets an online show?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

To the Point

Not really sure. I just don't want her in top two just in case. Yeah, there I go again. Need to get over it.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast