+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    If she is a Stager by profession... why did she have so much stuff (every surface covered) in the kitchen challenge????
    The judges should have sent her home this week just because she is a "Stager" who does not know how to stage.
    Do you have fresh bread and a bucket of eggs sitting out on your countertops at all times? I don't. I don't even have my toaster out unless I'm using it. When I saw all that stuff out, my first thought was, "This kitchen must not have much storage space."

We have our house on the market right now. We have removed about half of our normal knick-knacks, and even thinned out closets and cupboards so people won't think that there's no storage space. We get very positive feedback from realtors who've shown the house because it shows as very roomy.

Based on what I've seen on this show, I'd never hire Cathy as a designer or stager.
    luvsginger likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I can't stand her smugness. I'd never watch a show that she hosted. The staging of the kitchen was atrocious. You couldn't see the design through the clutter.

I wish on shows like this and The Apprentice that producers would have clips of key moments ready so that when a contestant lies blatantly, the appropriate clip could be played for the judges.
    NCLurker likes this.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I wish on shows like this and The Apprentice that producers would have clips of key moments ready so that when a contestant lies blatantly, the appropriate clip could be played for the judges.
    I agree that contestants should be called out when they lie. Cathy had definitely been told by her teammate that there was too much stuff... and she said not to worry and that she knew what she was doing. I wish the judges had been shown that clip prior to the final kick off decision.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I agree that contestants should be called out when they lie. Cathy had definitely been told by her teammate that there was too much stuff... and she said not to worry and that she knew what she was doing. I wish the judges had been shown that clip prior to the final kick off decision.
    The thing is, I think they are shown this stuff but they want to keep her on the show for drama....only Cathy doesn't know that she is being used....no way in the world would they even consider hiring her after the first challenge...the woman can not get along with anyone, can you imagine how she treats the production/camera crew? TATA Cathy...take some time off, I hear they can do wonders with fixing that gum problem you have....
    AZChristian likes this.

Thank goodness she's gone. She was channeling Omarosa and they were both ugly S.O.B.s!
    YorkieMom likes this.

on the hgtv blog site Cathy says she was wrongfully terminated...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Wow. How can one person be so delusional. The other designers couldn't have been developing a wolf pack mentality. They were all too busy rolling their eyes every time she mentioned her wedding designs in three NATIONAL magazines. BTW, I've yet to find any of those photos or magazine articles on line. All I can find are her self-serving references to them. This lady's PR rep is getting her name out there for sure . . . but then when people start reading about Cathy, the only positive comments are from press releases. I haven't found one comment from anyone else who really likes her. I hope someday she wakes up and stops shooting herself in the foot.

To the Point

Okay, so she truly is a piece of work, more than was imaginable. Seriously, has she watched the show as it has aired? I really hope she is watching the show and reading the boards. Whether she has the ability to see her own issues while watching, at least reading the boards would speak for those who are seeing what she projects. I really hope that she is not nearly as arrogant and difficult in everyday life.
    AZChristian likes this.

Hubby and I went out to breakfast this morning, and I was doing a Cathy Hobbs version of my own skills and experiences. For example:

I can crochet, and have won ribbons at the state and county fair
    . . . would be restated as . . .
    "My award-winning crochet designs have been GLOBALLY recognized."

I have GOT to let go of my distaste for this egomaniacal contestant, now that she's gone!!!

BTW, I was looking online at info about the Staging Seminars she does. In her own words, there are normally 8-10 "students" at each one. She had one last weekend in Las Vegas and - during an interview - she said, "It was obvious that this is vacation season, since we only had 2 people sign up." What was obvious to the rest of the world is that after seeing her on Design Star, no one else figured it was worth the price of the seminar to be "taught" by someone with no demonstrated skills.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 08-17-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

AZ...I've also been searching for mention of these said awards and turning up empty. Only found her talking about them. I do wonder if she is married...if so, wouldn't her SO tell her the truth?!!? I know mine would!! He is blunt, to a fault at times, and has no problem telling me if I am being rude, stuck up, unfriendly, etc. But he does it in love.

I wouldn't hire her to stage my house for anything!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast