+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

Re: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I did some looking last night (multi-tasking while watching SYTYCD). Cathy is part of a professional organization of folks who stage homes for sale (RESA). When she was selected for the show, RESA starting sending out e-mails to their membership, encouraging everyone to vote for Cathy because she was one of their members. That explains why she's scoring so high in the voting.

In all of my searches, I found not ONE positive comment about her (even on the HGTV boards). Many people have said that if she were to win and get her own show, they'd have no interest in watching it . . . so I doubt HGTV would give her a show with such almost-unanimous disinclination to watch her.

I'll say something nice about her . . . she does not seem to show any issues with low self esteem.
    Thanks for the post. I needed the laugh. Must say that her zombie eyes is what really puts me off.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Thanks for the post. I needed the laugh. Must say that her zombie eyes is what really puts me off.
    It really surprises me that during the course of her winning 5 Emmy awards, no one worked with her to minimize that very annoying habit of opening her eyes so wide. Apparently she's never seen herself on camera, or she'd have done it herself.

I had a thought about those Emmy awards. Maybe she was really great as a reporter and deserved them. If so, I apologize for what I'm about to say.

I crochet. I'm pretty good. A couple of years ago, I decided to start entering afghans in the county fair and the state fair. EVERYBODY gets a ribbon. (Fortunately, I was never awarded the dreaded "Participant" ribbon.) One of my afghans won a blue ribbon in the "Filet Crochet" category. Guess how many entrants were in that category? One. Makes me wonder how many people were in the categories for which Cathy filled out the nomination paperwork. It really could have been such a narrow field that no one else entered.
    Shoepie, luvsginger and Debb70 like this.

It really surprises me that during the course of her winning 5 Emmy awards, no one worked with her to minimize that very annoying habit of opening her eyes so wide. Apparently she's never seen herself on camera, or she'd have done it herself.

I had a thought about those Emmy awards. Maybe she was really great as a reporter and deserved them. If so, I apologize for what I'm about to say.

I crochet. I'm pretty good. A couple of years ago, I decided to start entering afghans in the county fair and the state fair. EVERYBODY gets a ribbon. (Fortunately, I was never awarded the dreaded "Participant" ribbon.) One of my afghans won a blue ribbon in the "Filet Crochet" category. Guess how many entrants were in that category? One. Makes me wonder how many people were in the categories for which Cathy filled out the nomination paperwork. It really could have been such a narrow field that no one else entered.
    I doubt it. Stations (and newspapers, movies, authors, ect) LOVE to brag about their awards. They encourage people to enter. Most of the time the companies pay for the entries. I've known reporters and editors to do stories specifically designed to win an award. Now whether or not the person who wins really is the best that is another matter. Sometimes it is a popularity contest. Sometimes it seems as if the big boys take turns. But I guess there could be a speciality area that there just are not a lot of people working in doing stories.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Her eyes are distracting and downright creepy! Her personality is abrasive and her skill limited to shopping and placing stuff in a room. I can do that, handily. My house looks like a magazine picture because I find it easy to stage a home. Being an interior decorator is so much more than this.
    mandmmom2, AZChristian and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Her eyes are distracting and downright creepy! Her personality is abrasive and her skill limited to shopping and placing stuff in a room. I can do that, handily. My house looks like a magazine picture because I find it easy to stage a home. Being an interior decorator is so much more than this.
    She is a home stager, right? Maybe that is her one and only area of strength. If she doesn't pull anything out soon, she definitely won't make the top 3.

I totally know what you are talking about! I once entered a 5 mille race and I won first place for my age group (I was the only one in that age group!!!), and my name was placed on a huge trophy and actually placed in a case in a public place for all to see. It is still there although it has been decades! LOL!!!!
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    She is a home stager, right? Maybe that is her one and only area of strength. If she doesn't pull anything out soon, she definitely won't make the top 3.
    She will not get that far. They are seriously looking for a new show. She is not a contender no matter how good she is; you have to be likeable and get along with the crew.

I see Karl winning this handily.
    Allie and luvsginger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She will not get that far. They are seriously looking for a new show. She is not a contender no matter how good she is; you have to be likeable and get along with the crew.

I see Karl winning this handily.
    She won't win, I agree. But if she is the only one bringing "drama" to the show, who knows how long she will survive?
    Debb70 likes this.

I am relieved to find that I am not the only one who has negative feelings about Cathy. She is facially unattractive, her expressions creep me out. I keep thinking I am seeing the insides of her sinuses when she smiles. Her demeanor with her co-contestants is simply unacceptable, she is rude to say the very least.

I cannot see why she is retained and even flattered from week to week.

As for her being a stager, even with an organization's credentials, is virtually meaningless as to skills. Her dressing of the kitchen this week makes my point.

I find her arrogant and dismissive as well as lying about her co-contestants protests regarding her "staging" of their whitebox kitchen.

I suppose she was cast to offer some tension. She does this far too well.
    AZChristian likes this.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

If she is a Stager by profession... why did she have so much stuff (every surface covered) in the kitchen challenge????
    The judges should have sent her home this week just because she is a "Stager" who does not know how to stage.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast