+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

FORT Fogey

Re: Cathy Hobbs: Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It does say she won 5, with a footnote which takes you to the section where only 3 are listed. If she won 5, I apologize for passing on incorrect information.

She seems to have done everything - and charges a chunk of change to show up as a speaker. Reminds me of the lady on SYTYCD who has won 10 international dance competitions, but competes against amateurs. Perhaps Ms. Hobbs needs to perfect one more skill - courtesy when working as a team member.
    There is no way she can win this no matter how many beautiful rooms she makes. David Bromberg mentioned that when you have your own show you work in a team. She cannot do this. She is hard to watch. Compare her personality with those who we like and she is not even close to having a friendly vibe.

mom2, I agree, I loved that her bench was criticized and her partners choice of coffee table was praised. Love it!
    AZChristian likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    There is no way she can win this no matter how many beautiful rooms she makes. David Bromberg mentioned that when you have your own show you work in a team. She cannot do this. She is hard to watch. Compare her personality with those who we like and she is not even close to having a friendly vibe.

mom2, I agree, I loved that her bench was criticized and her partners choice of coffee table was praised. Love it!
    I was doing some other googling about her, and read press releases (probably written by her) in which she is mentioned as a "finalist" on Design Star. I was taken aback that she had made it as a finalist and that this information had already been released. Upon reading the article, I realized that the writer's definition of "finalist" seems to be that she was one of 12 contestants on the show. May be a matter of semantics, but I think this supports our feeling that this woman has some real attitude issues. I'd love to find out whether she treated the folks at her tv station jobs like she treats her co-contestants on Design Star.

FORT Fogey

I was doing some other googling about her, and read press releases (probably written by her) in which she is mentioned as a "finalist" on Design Star. I was taken aback that she had made it as a finalist and that this information had already been released. Upon reading the article, I realized that the writer's definition of "finalist" seems to be that she was one of 12 contestants on the show. May be a matter of semantics, but I think this supports our feeling that this woman has some real attitude issues. I'd love to find out whether she treated the folks at her tv station jobs like she treats her co-contestants on Design Star.
    Of course she would claim finalist! So funny. I have to believe that she is not well liked in her job. Do we even know if she is still employed by anyone? It could be that she applied to this because she is desperately looking for a new direction having burned some bridges.

Check out her blog on the episode. Cathy Hobbs Blog: Design Recipes (Do-It-Yourself Interior Design Solutions, Approachable Design and Home Staging Techniques) www.design-recipes.com

I would copy and paste some of it here, but this is the only website I've ever encountered where I couldn't copy and paste text?!? Suffice it to say that this woman needs to see an ophthalmologist SOON because she has some serious "I" trouble.

FORT Fogey

Check out her blog on the episode. Cathy Hobbs Blog: Design Recipes (Do-It-Yourself Interior Design Solutions, Approachable Design and Home Staging Techniques) www.design-recipes.com

I would copy and paste some of it here, but this is the only website I've ever encountered where I couldn't copy and paste text?!? Suffice it to say that this woman needs to see an ophthalmologist SOON because she has some serious "I" trouble.

Oh wow. What an ego on this woman.

To the Point

ummmm.......yeah! Words fail me, but apparently not her.....

Has anyone else noticed that these reality shows seem to cast black woman in the antagonist role? Think of some of the contestants on ANTM, Project Runway, BB, The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice and other reality shows (Omarosa and Starr Jones)

Gretchen?
    Poison Ivy?
    Russell Hantz?

I think the "honor" of being the antagonists on these shows can be spread around.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Ugh, Cathy please go away. I do not put you in the same league as Russell Hantz or Omarosa ... but you're still annoying.

And you didn't stop your partner from using that tacky floor paint, the only thing you should have done.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Can you believe she is No. 2 in the poll for favorite designer on the HGT Design Star Web site? Kellie has 21 percent, Cathy 18, Leslie 11 percent, and then Tyler and Karl each have 10 percent of the vote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast