+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Design Star 6 Premieres Monday July 11, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Design Star 6 Premieres Monday July 11, 2011

How do you comment on people you know nothing about? Or am I the only person who knows nothing about them???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hey - it happens that people comment after reading the bios.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

HGTV Selling New York (Thurs 7/7) goes on the hunt for a space for the contestants to stay while in NYC. We get a sneak peak as well as the tribulations of finding a place for them in the city.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Contestant Threads are up and ready for comment.
    Thanks for bringing all the info over here.

It is easier to comment after we watch the show, but I'm guessing ahead of time that Leslie Ezelle is going to be annoying. An ex-Dallas Cowboy cheerleader with a "larger than life" personality? That's PERKY, but not in a good way! Cathy Hobbs, the Emmy winning news anchor with a very young child, strikes me as most interesting just from reading their bios.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    HGTV Selling New York (Thurs 7/7) goes on the hunt for a space for the contestants to stay while in NYC. We get a sneak peak as well as the tribulations of finding a place for them in the city.
    Did anyone watch this last night? I love Selling New York but it aired at midnight and I was a bit sleepy and fell asleep before the end. The first property the realtor showed them was a brownstone
    in Washington Heights, upper Manhattan. A great brownstone, 5 bedrooms and I think 3 baths. I've only watched Design Star a handful of times and didn't realize all contestants live together. Anyway, the producer of the show was the one scouting possible locations for the 7 week duration of the filming. The first property they saw was renting for 5 grand a month, which was the cheapest of the possible locations. I thought it was interesting b/c he gave some tidbits like saying the budget was $50, 000 for the show's filming. So if he had chosen the first location he would have a lot of money left over in the budget. I wish I could have kept my eyes open to see what location he finally chose. Will have to see if it's on again.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

You can "tour" the Design Star digs online.

Tour the Designers' NYC Home : Design Star : Home & Garden Television

There's a whole lotta brown and gray in there!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

They chose a new building on the waterfront in Brooklyn. The reason it was chosen was the number of beds/baths and the large open living spaces. It also had more wall space to decorate than the other modern apartment they looked at. DesignStar will be the first to live in this apartment. Oh - there is also a roof deck for that famous welcome champagne toast if it happens.

I am always grateful to FORT for helping me remember/find out when favorite shows are on. I had no idea that Design Star had started!
    Thanks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kathy has scary gums!!! They are monstrous and look like they're taking over the world. I hope she is not as arrogant as she seems, since it looks like she has talent.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FYI:

Design Star returns with new producers: Mark Burnett replaced by Food Network Star's producers + reality blurred

Design Star returns with new producers: Mark Burnett replaced by Food Network Star’s producers
    Design Star
    by Andy Dehnart / July 11, 2011, 6:34 PM

comment

HGTV’s Design Star returns tonight, and there’s good news for those of us who think last season was an unmitigated disaster: For the third time in three seasons, the show has a new production company, as it is now produced by the company that produces the outstanding Next Food Network Star. (It was originally produced by Jersey Shore creator SallyAnn Salsano’s 495 Productions, but she was fired from her “baby.”)

When Mark Burnett yelled at me earlier this year, one of the things he said was that he wasn’t doing another season of the show. “No, I’m not. No, I’m not. Um. I’m not doing that again,” he said. I honestly thought he was screwing with me. But apparently, he wasn’t kidding.

While HGTV’s press release announcing the cast said nothing of its production company, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that “the show has its third production company”: CBS Eye Too Productions.

To be honest, I wasn’t even that excited about the show’s return, even though the network announced a new host and separate mentor. I assumed that without new producers, it’d be more of the same: Angry Vern Yip and insufferable judges failing to make their decisions clear; unlikeable designers; and boring challenges that tried to create artificial drama with teams. But if the show moves closer to Food Network Star, that will be a huge step in the right direction.
    Thank you, to whom ever picked the new production company. I have now watched the premiere twice and it is so much better than the dismal last 2 seasons.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast