+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/22 FINALE: Design Star 5

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

8/22 FINALE: Design Star 5

Will it be Emily or Michael? Who will impress the judges more and get the confetti welcome to the network?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 8/22 FINALE: Design Star 5

yawn.....do any of really care anymore.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4045594;
    yawn.....do any of really care anymore.
    I don't care and won't be watching the show of whomever wins (unless I hear that it's fabulous), but for some reason I can't stop watching this train wreck of a season.

OK, Emily won but I thought that Michael had the better presentation.

FORT Fogey

I thought this was the weakest season yet. No one really impressed me from day one. Oh well...

I really liked that Emily chose to show that she can do a range of design styles. I loved her room and the pinstripe wall was really nice. I liked the accessories and furniture she picked out and how she placed it all. It looked good. I thought Michael's presentation was very good but the room was horrid. A mismash of ugly elements and over the top done to death concepts such as recycling ugly cheap things to make into other cheap ugly things, and the curtains with weird partition, would you want that tacky looking thing in your house? Colors were awful as well. Fifteen thousand should have gone farther than that it seems. I'm happy with who won, maybe Michael should consider another avenue of on air performance. I think Emily's show will be good. She really does have a knack for putting together an appealing room, just think what she could do if she had more than a day and a half, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;4046338;
    I thought this was the weakest season yet. No one really impressed me from day one. Oh well...
    That's because we never got to see what they can do.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

This was such a strange year for format. I don't know if the Burnett Company took away too much or added too much. That said, I REALLY liked the final challenge - hinted at during the Final Three - which was to put on a show...your show.

I agree with the winner, Emily. I loved her room and the way it was so Tom, from the pinstriped navy wall to the modern furniture to the canvas used as a feature wall in the bed area. I'm glad she left her comfort zone and chose Tom. I thought the quirkiness she showed at the fabric store and the how-to on striping a wall were well done. It was fun to see the camera and sound mic in action.

Michael is cute, but Nina thought she was cuter. I liked that he featured Cortland as his carpenter and the idea he had for a cutout to hide a pull curtain to the bed area. He also had a good idea using the rattan chair seats as shadow box wall mounts. That said, his room was more generic and not as specific to the client as Emily's was.

I'm looking forward to Emily's show and lo and behold they aren't going to make us wait 8 months before we get to see what it will be like.

Next Sunday at 10/9c there will be a preview of her show, using the word Stylist in the title. I can't wait to see how she puts it all together.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4046512;
    This was such a strange year for format. I don't know if the Burnett Company took away too much or added too much. That said, I REALLY liked the final challenge - hinted at during the Final Three - which was to put on a show...your show.

I agree with the winner, Emily. I loved her room and the way it was so Tom, from the pinstriped navy wall to the modern furniture to the canvas used as a feature wall in the bed area. I'm glad she left her comfort zone and chose Tom. I thought the quirkiness she showed at the fabric store and the how-to on striping a wall were well done. It was fun to see the camera and sound mic in action.

Michael is cute, but Nina thought she was cuter. I liked that he featured Cortland as his carpenter and the idea he had for a cutout to hide a pull curtain to the bed area. He also had a good idea using the rattan chair seats as shadow box wall mounts. That said, his room was more generic and not as specific to the client as Emily's was.

I'm looking forward to Emily's show and lo and behold they aren't going to make us wait 8 months before we get to see what it will be like.

Next Sunday at 10/9c there will be a preview of her show, using the word Stylist in the title. I can't wait to see how she puts it all together.
    I thought the segment in the fabric store went on far too long, looked like she was hiking through rows and rows of fabric, looked as if it was going to turn into a SyFy movie and the Tweed Monster was going to jump out and eat her.

FORT Fan

Much better winner than last year. Both rooms were good and both did excellant jobs of hosting. Emily's style is just more to my liking. This is a show I may actually watch. I didn't like Antoinio last year. I tried to watch his show once, but it was terrible. I just don't like his style at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast