+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/22 FINALE: Design Star 5

Re: 8/22 FINALE: Design Star 5

I finally got to see the finale last night.
    I was surprised to see that Michael came across more pleasantly than I had expected. I still wasn't overly excited by him - I think his hosting manner is more brash than I like - but he did do a good job with his design, too.
    Emily also did a nice job with her design, but I wasn't that excited by her hosting style - perhaps because her voice is kind of whining and overly nasal for me. I wouldn't consciously seek out her show, as while the design was OK, it didn't really wow me at all. The painting, which I think was probably the most creative aspect of the room, was overly intricate and seemed like it would be a real pain in the *ss to try and duplicate it. And that kind of turned me off.
    Both did seem like they were camera ready, though.

I still preferred the prior DS seasons. We saw way more of the actual designers and the show seemed more natural and relaxed than this over stylized Mark Burnett spectacle which, IMO, did no favors to HGTV.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Speaks volumes no one watched Emily's special.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Hey - it's still on my DVR. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

There is a Handyman competition starting next Sunday night. It will be hosted and judged by Scott and Mike Holmes. It says it is the Great American Handyman, but the hosts/judges are Canadian. I'm going to take a look-see at that one, too. AFTER I watch Emily's special.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4052400;
    Hey - it's still on my DVR. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

There is a Handyman competition starting next Sunday night. It will be hosted and judged by Scott and Mike Holmes. It says it is the Great American Handyman, but the hosts/judges are Canadian. I'm going to take a look-see at that one, too. AFTER I watch Emily's special.
    Didn't DVR Emily's, but might catch it if it reruns or I stumble across a new ep when it is on again. Now the Great American Handyman I WILL make an effort to see.

ETA: Oops. Sunday? That's my half-marathon day. I'll DVR it.

Income Property is one of my favorite HGTV tv shows so I might watch the Handyman competition.

FORT Fanatic

I watched Emily's show and it was really pretty awful. Her voice is so grating and her "chit chat" even more annoying. Her client ( a personal friend) did not seem completely sold on everything she did to his home, though the final look was better than each concept as she went along. An hour is just way too much time for a zzzzzzzzz like her. Give her just one room in a half an hour and that'll be quite enough, ty. I'll prob give it another chance because...it's mezmerizingly bad, and I just can't look away. lololol

IMO... Antonio rocks his show! Everything about it is entertaining and watching him and his extremely cool and unique crew is great. He is a complete natural in front of the camera, whether talking to the audience or interacting with his clients, vendors, etc. He is an artist, carpenter, and designer...and one very cool guy. I wish they'd give him more of a push, instead of burying him at 11pm. Anyone else like him?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4052576;
    Income Property is one of my favorite HGTV tv shows so I might watch the Handyman competition.
    YES--really like IP too...but the reveal uses "staging"..... i wonder what happens when they try to rent the unit after the furn is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;4052905;
    YES--really like IP too...but the reveal uses "staging"..... i wonder what happens when they try to rent the unit after the furn is removed.
    The purpose of the staging is to take photos and post then to be able to rent the apartment. I just wish I had nice furniture like that when I was a renter.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;4052904;
    I watched Emily's show and it was really pretty awful. Her voice is so grating and her "chit chat" even more annoying. Her client ( a personal friend) did not seem completely sold on everything she did to his home, though the final look was better than each concept as she went along. An hour is just way too much time for a zzzzzzzzz like her. Give her just one room in a half an hour and that'll be quite enough, ty. I'll prob give it another chance because...it's mezmerizingly bad, and I just can't look away. lololol

IMO... Antonio rocks his show! Everything about it is entertaining and watching him and his extremely cool and unique crew is great. He is a complete natural in front of the camera, whether talking to the audience or interacting with his clients, vendors, etc. He is an artist, carpenter, and designer...and one very cool guy. I wish they'd give him more of a push, instead of burying him at 11pm. Anyone else like him?
    Oh, good, I don't have to write a long post...I agree with everything you wrote.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;4052904;

Caught a few bits and pieces and she seemed rushed and yeap her voice was annoying. The friends reaction seemed fake too. Not impressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast