+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/1 Show Thread: Design Star 5

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 8/1 Show Thread: Design Star 5

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4020584;
    I know, CG - that surprised me, too.

I do like Emily's personality of all of the rest, but like you said she needs to tighten to a script because while she is funny when "off the cuff" that is not what they are looking for.

Remember how the judges dissed David's hosting? Look at him now!
    Find the contestant with the best design skills and personality, then teach them to present on camera if necessary.

Yes, I remember David wasn't the best presenter - he was very awkward. After he one, there was an episode about the making of David's show and they showed clips of Clive helping David work on his hosting skills.

FORT Fogey

This season is disappointing. I say go for the most talented and teach them to host. More individual challenges in the white boxes are far better than giving a team a low budget to do an apartment in a Trump building! And the kitchens were lack luster as well. Choosing a random inspiration piece is odd. An inspiration piece is from your clients personal things that means something to them and it is never a piece of food.

Give them all a carpenter on EVERY challenge, to eliminate the male advantage. All the decorating shows have a staff including a carpenter, electritan, painters and who knows who else lurks behind the scenes. Set them up if they already had a show, give them a decent budget and really see what they can produce. It would make much better viewing and the cream would rise to the top easily.

Re: David Bromstadt

I believe that he was awful then and is awful now. I did think he did the most amazing little white room makeover at the time. That appears to have been his best work. But compared to the other winners he looks really good. But I digress....I thought Alex would be saved due to his brownie points for mentioning Sear's Kenmore appliances about 6 times during his presentation. I still don't have a favorite or shall I say least favorite? It's all up for grabs. I do know that some would be more watchable than others. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top this time around.

P.S. John Giddings is definitely easy on the eyes...yowza! I also think he is very talented and it's nice to know he has an actual degree in what he does. His show is very good with some really good before and afters. Kudos to him and props to HGTV for giving him a real budget and skilled workers to accomplish the project.

I agree they should have more individual challenges, especially near the end like this. And all these inspirational challenges are getting old - just let them show us their design skills!

Poor Alex! I really liked him, and thought he'd do a good job on a show - I'd watch him. The other two, esp Michael, were not nice to him during this challenge. I felt bad for him.

The two girls are almost interchangeable to me, and I don't know much about how they design anything. I'd be surprised if either of them win this thing. Not because they're not talented it's just that their personalities have not come across (well) yet.

This show is one of my favorites, but this season is turning out to be a little bit of a disappointment.

Finally saw the episode last night.
    I really liked Alex. He had a very sweet, endearing personality.
    I couldn't watch a show with Michael or Courtland. The former is grating' the latter just too phony for me.
    Emily comes across very 'above it all' to me. Stacey seems more down to earth, but I have to agree with NavyBelle, both their designing capabilities are huge unknowns to me at this point in the competition. Just shows this has not been at all a good season of DS.
    Actually, I always look forward to the kitchen challenge and both of these kitchens were kind of blah for me.
    Does anybody know what they did to John Giddings? One of the most handsome men ever on HGTV and his hair was styled so that he looked like Lurch from Addams Family.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4029061;
    [snipped]...
    Does anybody know what they did to John Giddings? One of the most handsome men ever on HGTV and his hair was styled so that he looked like Lurch from Addams Family.
    LOL. I noticed his unbecoming new look too. My impression was that he lost some volume and the natural wave in his hair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12