+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 - show discussion

7/25 - show discussion

OMG..worst episode yet. Anyone notice that it is either Michael or Courtland speaking and no one else. I thought Courtland should have gone home because of his awful hosting tape, Tom at least tried. It is pretty obvious that TPTB are keeping Courtland around for the constant negative diarrhea spewing from his mouth.

I have to give credit to Mark Barnett Productions this show just gets worse and worse.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 7/25 - show discussion

Wow, this show has become a horrible train wreck.......and still I can't stop watching. Seriously, NYC souvenirs in a Trump apartment. Curtains made out of drop cloths. A berry blue bathroom......... could it get any worse....
    BTW, I am in California and only the 2nd post. That should tell us something.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Haven't watched this episode yet (I fell asleep a few minutes into it), but it sounds like these designers did a much worse job decorating the apartments than did the non-designer apprentices.

On The Apprentice, there were project managers, so there was only one vision being implemented.

When there's no PM on these challenges, each designer wants to get his or her ideas accepted. There's such a time crunch on these projects, that designers have to give in to plans they don't support, just to be able to get something finished on time. We end up seeing designs that are no where near what any of the designers would have created on their own.

How many ways are there to say that this show sucks badly. Thanks, Mark Burnett, for ruining our show.

They seem to be shoving Courtland down our throats, but I can't stand him and I have no desire to watch him on a show.

FORT Fan

Wow. This thread is dead.
    I guess everyone is as over this show as I am.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

I was stuck in traffic when they closed down the freeway for a four-car accident. Guess I had a better time then you guys watching the show,

I watched it today. I'm glad for the double elimination - both deserved to go for that mess of a room. They should have sent Cortland out the door with them. I understand Vern saying they were embarrassed, especially when Jr. was doing the room tour with them. I mean, really...drop cloths cut into drapes by someone who has never sewn before? HUH? And the club-cavern of a bathroom with the light colored tub enclosure? HUH? Who set the rug in that haphazard manner? I do believe that was Living Area Cortland. The only furniture piece I liked was the backless chaise. And I can't stop laughing over leaving the mattress off the bed in order to make the head board look taller :ROFL

Blue team didn't do much better. To me, the rooms looked generic and not rich. The only fancy thing in there was the "winner's" pillow. A tiny pillow. Yikes!

Next week looks like it will be individual hosting challenges using kitchens as a backdrop. I think they have to accessorize...maybe do a bit of design on the set kitchen piece. What? Are they all set designers now? Of course, last year's winner was a set designer for real.

Scratching my head and hoping if this gets renewed that they hire another production company to produce it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Maybe some first apartment shoppers would like these designs...

Could not believe they "fired" Stacey before her hosting tape was shown. In my opinion, all three of them sucked equally and should have all gone at the same time. Made me wonder if she managed to do a hosting tape with how upset she was.
    Tom will evidently paint anything that doesn't move. I can't believe that they managed to repaint the door white after that dark blueberry hue. I love the color, but I think if the trim and door and ceiling were left white it would be much better. Courtland was just an ass. Stacey put a tacky taxi under glass, Courtland had Stacey put lipstick on a coffee cup and cutsy note, and Tom covered his world in blueberry paint. None of them deserved to be dismissed like she was. Dismissed together, yes, but that was spiteful.
    Fire them all together, and
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Just one more show that was really bad. It's hard to believe that any of these contestants know anything about design. I have always admitted that interior decorating is definitely not something I'm good at and always need help with it but having said that, I could do better. What designer hangs crown molding upside down? Who leaves walls blank? Even the winning pillow design was not very good. I'm not sure why I keep watching...guess I hope it'll get better but I doubt it. What a change from previous seasons!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast