+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 - show discussion

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/25 - show discussion

Did anybody catch what Vern said about when a "committee" decorates something? I may be paraphrasing but it sounded like he said that anytime you have something decorated by a group that you can't tell who's responsible for what. So how the heck are they judging this fiasco??

Am I missing any budget talk? I don't ever hear them say how much money they have to spend. Obviously it's pretty high because of the furniture that they are buying.

And also timeframe...do they ever say what the timeframe is? From the looks of things I'm thinking they have maybe 10 minutes to shop and 10 minutes to complete the whole design (insert air quotes around 'design')! Jeez.

And why so many blank spaces/empty rooms? Stop with the blank canvases and give them a house/room already decorated and let them re-do it with what's available. Or at least SOMETHING for us to see what type of designers they are instead of furniture buyers and painters. I'm about as far from a designer as can be and there is no doubt in my mind I could've done better than any one of these "designers".

This show is so bad it's almost funny now. And yet I can't wait until the next episode!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

This show could be soooo much better with just a few simple changes.
    1) Cut the TEAM challenges!!!!! Vern said it... design by committee does not work. No designer gets to show off their vision and the outcome is a mess.
    2) Give them a carpenter!!!!! So many of these projects would look better if they had access to a carpenter. (I can't belive they didn't give them a carpenter for the Trump project). When they have their own show they will have a carpenter to work with... why are they making them do this all themselves now??
    3) Give them a little more time to complete the projects... it seems like they are always rushed and therefore produce a poor quality finished product.

And here's a question... why are they building so much furniture??? BUY the furniture people... and spend your time creating art, working on space plans and accessorizing.

What amazes me is that on so many of the HGTV shows you see the designers re-purpose furniture all the time. You see them create art and do craft projects.
    What is even more amazing is a show like Project Runway where the designers there are challenged to produce clothing out of material from a hardware store etc... and they can come up with something beautiful, why can't this group that supposedly is the most talented pool of designers that HGTV has ever had for this show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I had taped this show and only watched the last part, which was plenty. What a lousy show this has been.

I'm not actually rooting for anyone. I don't know if I will bother watching the rest of the series.

I missed this episode as Mad Men started back up on Sunday - probably a good thing judging from these comments and the prior episodes of this show.....

Weeks ago, when the first episode aired, it seemed like Emily was their chosen one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Totally lousy show.

1) The individual contestants stink. No "wow" moments over anything any of them have done.

2) The assignments stink. Put a bunch of tacky tourist stuff in a Trump building? Have the contestants make completely unprofessional homemade/improvised stuff for a Trump building? (Not to mention the flower and music assignments.)

3) The contestant teams stink. Need more individual challenges. Guess they will do that next week since the one team is down to only Courtland.

4) The judges don't seem to be impressing us either.

I can't stop watching it though.... it just seems to be a comedy rather than a serious search for a new HGTV host. BTW, did anyone else notice when Vern said the winner of this show gets to be the host of an internet series on the HGTV website? They are not even pretending the winner will get to host a real TV show this season!

I am watching this bad show right now...wow....I wasn't impressed with any of it. I would be embarrassed!!! I don't like any of the red team. But I was surprised Alex won though.

Stacey's head isn't in this. She should have been able to overcome her emotions and do the tape.

The blueberry bathroom reminded me of Willy Wonka's blueberry girl...lol...

Oh...and BTW...what was Candice wearing!??!?!?!?

And why were they so hard on Stacey when this is the first time she screwed up so bad?!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4008152;
    Totally lousy show.

1) The individual contestants stink. No "wow" moments over anything any of them have done.

2) The assignments stink. Put a bunch of tacky tourist stuff in a Trump building? Have the contestants make completely unprofessional homemade/improvised stuff for a Trump building? (Not to mention the flower and music assignments.)

3) The contestant teams stink. Need more individual challenges. Guess they will do that next week since the one team is down to only Courtland.

4) The judges don't seem to be impressing us either.

I can't stop watching it though.... it just seems to be a comedy rather than a serious search for a new HGTV host. BTW, did anyone else notice when Vern said the winner of this show gets to be the host of an internet series on the HGTV website? They are not even pretending the winner will get to host a real TV show this season!
    The eliminated contestants get a chance to host an internet design show not the ones remaining.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

How does that work? So the final winner does get a real TV show and the others get internet shows?

The pillow won praise and accolades? lol.....I think doing something like taking the taxi logo for example and blowing up an image of that sort of Andy Warhol style and do a modern art series on one of the walls and go ultra modern from there. Remember the Campbell's soup can art he did? Or the Marilyn pictures? Something like that would have been a jumping off point and not as tacky. They are throwing them some awful things to work with and no time to think about it or tools to execute with. Then the one guy that can be a carpenter gets eliminated because there wasn't anyone else to do the work. This show is making no sense to me at all. The judging is so off the wall, unfair, pious and in Vern's case self righteous...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast