+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

Yeow, no one is watching.

This was a really painful episode to watch. A total train-wreck. The only good thing was that Nina was finally voted off for again doing a mural. She did a conceptual art piece that has the fire fighters motto in braille.

This show is going down the drain.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3990544;
    Yeow, no one is watching.

This was a really painful episode to watch. A total train-wreck. The only good thing was that Nina was finally voted off for again doing a mural. She did a conceptual art piece that has the fire fighters motto in braille.

This show is going down the drain.
    I didn't watch last week's episode because I didn't want to see another group challenge. I may watch this one just to see Nina get fired. I can't stand her.

That had to be the single worst episode ever! Does anyone even buy Vern as this mean ole' judge? It sounded like he was reading off a cue card. "We went into that space and we were angry!" Really? Disappointed? Okay, maybe. Underwhelmed? Probably. But angry? The whole judges critique just sounded so fake and forced. When the designers finally left the room, I just pictured the 3 judges totally cracking up.

Vern: Oh man, I wasn't sure I could do that with a straight face.
    Genevieve: I actually liked the black ceiling, it was hard to tell Tom how horrible it was, I thought I was going to lose it.
    Candace: I was just going with it. I didn't even see the space, but I'll sit here and collect my paycheck and nod and smile. Whatever Mark Burnett wants.
    Vern: Man I miss Clive, being the heavy sure does suck. I hear next week Trump is letting us into his new apartments- how the heck did we score that?
    Candace: Don't you know that Mark Burnett produces The Apprentice too and now Trump can get royalties from both shows.
    Genevieve: Oh...I just thought he wanted some blueberry walls and a silouette of himself above the couch.

It was really painful to watch. I was very surprised when Nina was explaining her "piece" (pieces?) that she didn't say she went with braille because the fireman sometimes have to feel around in the dark for things. At least she didn't go all the way off the conceptual cliff.

I also found it funny that the designers went from absolutely loving the room and feeling proud of it to hating it and apologizing for it by the end. Way to stand by your work folks.

Anyone notice what a winny Courtland is? And brown noser, and a$$kisser. It is almost embarrassing to watch.

Nina's gone? Yay. Don't know if I'll bother watching it (Thanks for taking one for the team, Bearcata) I think Mark B needs to keep his hands off of this show. Bring Clive back. No more inspiration pieces!!! Period. Let's do some individual challenges. Bring back the dreaded paint bucket.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Right off the bat I found it interesting that they divided the teams into those considered the weakest in past challenges and those considered the strongest...well, maybe it was that the stronger personalities were on one team. Way to create drama, folks!

I really thought Nina and Cortland would fight for control, when, instead Cortland went off on Tom and rightly so. Anyway, I think Nina found it all rather confusing so went with a conceptual (though practical cork board) art piece, once again. Didn't you love when she commented to the fireman, "So, you want a spa?" **crickets** The person considered the weakest member of the team was the only one who got faint praise at judging.

Then over to the softer personalities who, to be fair, only had one room, not two chopped up rooms to design. They got right to painting, though getting the floor to dry caused concern...but no one yelled and carried on because of it. Thank goodness for Alex who came up with a way to traverse a tacky floor and then to complete their injured comrade's project. I do wish they had hung the portrait silhouette, but I thought the skyline also added an art element while the remainder of the room was all function - just like their client wanted. KUDOS!

I didn't see the outrage on Vern's and Genevieve's faces when they toured the losing space, only a lot of frowning and frustration. I loved how Vern couldn't contain himself in the studio, and I really thought he was going to tell all of them to get out before the critique even began, that none of them was worthy. Candice wanted Nina to stay more than Cortland which I don't understand as she was a Nina critic last week. Maybe she had a harder time forgiving Cortland's paneled wall than Genevieve.

Such Drama! Vern: "Get out, all of you!" as tails tucked between their legs the remaining three shuffled out of the studio.

I wonder if they will do two teams next week or have a 7 person crew tackle one apartment. I can't wait to see - why blueberry walls, and why would Tom (?) also paint the door blueberry? Weird.

But, in the meantime, a chorus of...Ding, Dong, the Bully's gone!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

vern was an a**hole this week.
    courtland's video was embarassing to watch.
    i can't see any of these people hosting a show.

I'm going to sound like a broken record since this has been said by many people, but this season sucks! Clive needs to come back, and Vern needs to be sacked... unless he can stop his shtick that no one buys. I find myself rooting for no one in this cast, and I think part of that is becaues of this stupid team format. Why not let these contestants individually shine? That's what worked in the first two seasons.

With all that said, it was nice to see the Blue Team win. It was a classic underdog story. Compared to the Red Team members, they seemed to seemed to be the weaker team of the two. Plus, they were one man down for a while. But they still pulled it off.

And it was even greater to see Nina eliminated. I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure that she would be in it for the long run. She deserved to go though for her braille mural. I can't believe she said that her mural meant to represent the things that were unseen. Isn't that a little offensive to blind people?

Oh, and count me in as a person who think Courtland is whiny. Did anyone else think it was ridiculous for him to tell Tom not to curse in the firehouse as if it were a church or something? Added to that, the censor bleeped him for a curse word right before, so it came off as contradictory.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3990900;
    I'm going to sound like a broken record since this has been said by many people, but this season sucks! Clive needs to come back, and Vern needs to be sacked... unless he can stop his shtick that no one buys. I find myself rooting for no one in this cast, and I think part of that is becaues of this stupid team format. Why not let these contestants individually shine? That's what worked in the first two seasons.

With all that said, it was nice to see the Blue Team win. It was a classic underdog story. Compared to the Red Team members, they seemed to seemed to be the weaker team of the two. Plus, they were one man down for a while. But they still pulled it off.

And it was even greater to see Nina eliminated. I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure that she would be in it for the long run. She deserved to go though for her braille mural. I can't believe she said that her mural meant to represent the things that were unseen. Isn't that a little offensive to blind people?

Oh, and count me in as a person who think Courtland is whiny. Did anyone else think it was ridiculous for him to tell Tom not to curse in the firehouse as if it were a church or something? Added to that, the censor bleeped him for a curse word right before, so it came off as contradictory.
    Thanks for adding that. Something about Courtland bothers me, especially when they are all up for elimination and he changes his story constantly regardless to agree with who ever he is talking to.

Oh, the fact he called himself a man's man really blew my mind. Is my gaydar off or he is major metrosexual. I would never call Courtland a man's man.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Use to look forward to this show . . . . now it's just something to fill the void that is Sunday night tv.

Haven't seen a single design element that I would want to use in my own home.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast