+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

Re: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3992969;
    As far as who to root for? Uh.....Alex, maybe, except for that low confidence thing seems to be the nicest of the bunch.
    I would root for Alex, but I thought he deserved to go home multiple times in the past. I think he's actually the weakest of the designers, which is a lot to say with this bunch.

I have liked Emily in the past, as I found her hilarious. When she was in the B2 the first week, her hosting skills were definitely out there. But she has become sort of a background character nowadays. Though for now, I will root for her.

I also sorta like Casey, but she has been the most invisible contestant. I guess the editors have it out for her. But then again, because she hasn't been shown, she hasn't really done anything wrong. So I'll consider her my second favorite.

I'm grasping at straws here, people!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

They all stink. All the contestants who seem to have very little talent for design, the judges with their fake personnas and the challenges.
    They should have stuck with more individual challenges to weed out the weirdos/or untalented. Then on to group challenges where it would be more obvious who did what.....if they did group challenges at all. Personally, I'd rather see individual challenges all the way but most shows seem to incorprate group challenges at some point.
    Maybe the judges seem so stern because they can't believe what lousy designs they are presented with. So very amaturish. If these are the best of the best who tried out for the show, it makes you wonder.
    JMHO

Oh, and one more thing. I noticed that just before the guy took the nail in his thumb, he was realizing that he had cut his angles for the corners were all wrong. Then when the other guy took over for him, they showed that he noticed that the angles were all wrong. Do you think the guy nailed his thumb just so he wouldn't have to take responsibility for the wrong angles? That seems way too desperate to me but who knows and why would they show both scenes where this was so evident?
    Again, JMHO

I did notice how it was shown both times regarding the angles. I thought it was great of Alex to take it on himself and to make sure it was completed...and done correctly. In a way I thought he should have won the challenge for that alone.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3996071;
    They should not make the judges act like mega b*tches.
    Lol, I don't think they're acting. I get the impression that Vern and Genevieve really are that way.

The right team lost. That room was just gross. I am wondering if the expression of anger from the judges lies in the fact that it is embarrassing for the show, and for them, to put out such a poor product. Usually there is even something redeemable about a losing room, but in this case there was nothing. That "5" even looked bad. I was hoping we would see Candace do it over.

The black ceiling was just a travesty AND they left the freaking ugly linoleum just the way it was when they got there! Which one was it that said her signature could be found in the brass accents, like the lamp base?! Sheesh.

The posts are hilarious! And I thought it was just me, as a non-design person, but now I know better - this bunch really isn't that talented,lol. I was so glad to see Nina go! I wanted her to go the first challenge, then those art (and I use that term loosely) pieces were ridiculous. I can't stand that cocky attitude, with a huge dose of it's ok to use others if a. they don't speak up and b. for competition purposes -- you shouldn't have to, if you're talented enough.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

What I don't understand is the advertising campaign that claims that critics love this show and it is a must see. Are they watching the same show we are?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

As far as whether the judges act like their normal selves, I've seen Vern in other shows and didn't think he was a jerk the way he is in this series. I'm very disappointed in him.

Speaking as someone with absolutely no talent in the arts, I think interior decorating is like designing dresses. If you have enough self-confidence, you put it out there like it's 'the' thing and hope that other people just go along with it on the assumption that YOU know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4001447;
    What I don't understand is the advertising campaign that claims that critics love this show and it is a must see. Are they watching the same show we are?
    And I think I read that Vern said this was the most talented bunch yet? Please tell me I am remembering it wrong. I like Vern. I don't want him to be a victim of Burnett mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4002566;
    And I think I read that Vern said this was the most talented bunch yet? Please tell me I am remembering it wrong. I like Vern. I don't want him to be a victim of Burnett mind control.
    I give Vern the benefit of the doubt and this group may be the most talented he has seen, after all he has seen their portfolios we have not. The trouble with this show is that after what 4, 5 episodes we don't have a clue as to how they can design a room individually. As a group they are a hot mess.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast